General Carowinds discussion
By Thriller
Theres alot of lumber on this truck to the left also! Wonder why? And the supports are square with cylinder arms so I'm guessing no B&M for sure on there coaster!
Attachments
IMG_2297_(Large).jpg
Track with a bunch of wooden logs?!
IMG_2297_(Large).jpg (84.95 KiB) Viewed 4630 times
Thriller wrote:Theres alot of lumber on this truck to the left also! Wonder why? And the supports are square with cylinder arms so I'm guessing no B&M for sure on there coaster!

You mean the right, right? :lol:
By Jonathan
Not necessarily true. Every project is different, especially if it is a different manufacturer. That said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if pieces started arriving within the next few weeks.
Jonathan wrote:Not necessarily true. Every project is different, especially if it is a different manufacturer. That said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if pieces started arriving within the next few weeks.

YAY! :D ....the members on KD Fansite are concluding that they have an Intamin coming to their park.... but they are saying its going to be launched (like ours is rumored to also) and i dont really think it's going to be bigger than ours.... but who knows, right?
FSUNolez06 wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:Whoever said we were getting a launch coaster? :?
b&mcoaster said that on a previous page in this thread.

Oh, ok. Thanks. :) Not sure how I feel about a launch coaster though.
By Wormy
Congrats to KD. In case you're wondering, there is no delivery of anything at Carowinds, yet. The markings are still there, the flags are still there, but a lot of that dirt ain't. They're really stepping into high gear in clearing. So behold ten images of dirt, more dirt, and nothing but glorious dirt. Roll that beautiful dirt footage:

Ahhh yeahhhh....

Oooh baby...

Mmm hmmm...

So sexy.

Oh that is so hot!

You know that's what I like...

Don't stop! Don't stop!

Yeah, right there.

OH MY.....

Ahhhh. :D Time for a smoke. And be sure and read those ride rules.

And not that this means anything.....
carowindsman6654 wrote:
FSUNolez06 wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:Whoever said we were getting a launch coaster? :?
b&mcoaster said that on a previous page in this thread.

Oh, ok. Thanks. :) Not sure how I feel about a launch coaster though.

yup.... I don't know if it is true or not, but i did hear it from an employee.
wow form the looks of those pictures, it looks like they have really moved a lot of dirt from when i was there on sunday, almost time for our track now.
Im really surprised that CF is building two huge coasters in one season, hope they dont get to carried away like 6flags. And I wonder why KD didnt get a B&M like the other two parks, and most likely carowinds.
Thriller wrote:Things get a little more interesting now! We are either getting screwed again, or our coaster is so much bigger than KD's, that it's taking longer to manufactuer and/or ship. I can't wait for our stuff to start showing up if it ever does!

This is my theory...if you live 5 minutes from your job chances are you are the last to show up lol...

With that said, if its a overseas company construction kd's coaster then it will probably get shipments faster due to not wanting anything to be delayed. They can basically walk B&M track to carowinds from the plant...

and wormy that is such a funny post lol lol