General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
Update December 10 (official announcement): http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 07802.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Dec. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As Carowinds construction crews build the world's tallest and fastest giga coaster, Fury 325, the park announced a second new ride Wednesday called the SlingShot. It will also debut in the Spring of 2015.

A pair of cables will catapult the two-person capsule nearly 300-feet into the air – nearly as high as the Statue of Liberty – at speeds up to 60 mph. After some brief weightlessness, riders will zoom back toward the ground, often rotating head-over-heels and bouncing up and down until they come to rest at the launch point.

The ride will be an additional charge attraction; costs are being determined. SlingShot marks the second new ride at Carowinds for 2015.

"Carowinds will be a destination for thrill-seekers," says Mike Fehnel, Carowinds' vice president and general manager. "We'll have two of the 10 tallest rollercoasters in North America, a total of 14 roller coasters – which is something that only three parks worldwide can top – and now we'll have two new ways for riders to scream with joy at roughly 300 feet in the air."

Like Fury 325, the SlingShot will be visible from uptown Charlotte, renewing the park's skyline along Interstate 77 and serving as a symbol of changes to come. The new rides are part of a planned $50 million multiyear investment plan to bring new life to founder Pat Hall's original vision for Carowinds. The park is being revamped from top to bottom to celebrate Carolina culture, including new rides, attractions and food from different regions.

Last edited by gabed on November 23rd, 2014, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If that is true, it would be nice to see it over in the County Fair area to help balance out the height.
Woah, did not see that coming, even in rumor form. I would be crazy to think we were getting something else on top of a new entrance, new toll booth, new parking lot, new largest steel coaster in the US and almost the world, with new dining coming next year, along with several other improvements I'm probably forgetting. Just remember to take everything from Screamscape with a grain of salt.
That would be awesome addition but I'd settle for just painting the Sky Coaster. Its fugly.

Bigcoasterguy wrote:The question is, will it be an extra pay attraction?

it is at cedar point, don't see why it wouldn't be here.
^^^ Cedar Point and Kings Island have sling shots, CP just have the new version without the cage. One of my dreams were to see Carowinds get a Challenge Park. When they moved Ripcord up front that demolished the dream for me, but hearing this rumor this will overwhelm me in 2015 with everything else that's coming along in 2015 at the park. I say :thumbup: . Hey why not add a giant propeller ride while you're at it!!
Same here^^, the only reason I ride ripcord is to scare the crap out of my sister (she's 20, so it 's not like she can't handle it). Now as for the skyline it would look great, depending on where it is placed within the park.
But it wouldn't make me any less happy or excited if this wasn't true. But still remember this, Carowinds is in need of more flats, however, I would prefer something more exciting. But hey Carowinds, Cedar Fair, you do what you do best :wink: