General Carowinds discussion
Chris wrote:Imgur restrictions are new to me. I've never heard that before or ran into any issues. Can't speak for Flickr.

It must have been Flickr then I assume... They only allow so much uploading for free I believe, not sure, could be wrong on that its been a long time since I have tried it. I will just stick with the Facebook page.
I'm not a morning person, but I just canNOT understand how you could come in here and chat with people at 6:30 in the morning. I'm not being rude or discriminatory against morning people, it's just I never got how some people do that. Just sayin'...
CCookieMonster wrote:I'm not a morning person, but I just canNOT understand how you could come in here and chat with people at 6:30 in the morning. I'm not being rude or discriminatory against morning people, it's just I never got how some people do that. Just sayin'...

People who work 8 to 5, like myself, have to get up around 6:30 in order to make it to work on time. Since Arby is a moderator, I imagine it's a morning routine to check and make sure no one has broken rules or anything.
Oh okay. I get up at 6 for school, but I don't really wake up until around 10. On the days I wake up myself, like on Saturday, I'll naturally wake up at 11 and am fully awake by 12. This is probably because I woke up to my circadian rhythm instead of being woken up by such a foul, anxiety causing, evil, dreadful alarm clock...after snoozing about 3 times...and then my parents dragging me out of bed in the morning. I do appreciate the fact that someone else is getting up early to check the site, so thanks arby for doing your job! And thanks Chris for helping me grasp a better understanding of the whole situation.
Believe me, it is not by choice. :lol: I have had to get up early for so long because of my family routine, I am used to it. Like Chris said, I make it part of my morning routine to check the site. Most of the other mods are night people.

The good thing about adjusting to early mornings is that fewer people are up and active so I can often get a lot done in the mornings.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:
Chris wrote:Imgur restrictions are new to me. I've never heard that before or ran into any issues. Can't speak for Flickr.

It must have been Flickr then I assume... They only allow so much uploading for free I believe, not sure, could be wrong on that its been a long time since I have tried it. I will just stick with the Facebook page.

Plus you get traffic and Facebook likes and followers vs just contributing pictures. Hmm...seems like an agenda, even though plenty of free posting methods have been shown. Just my opinion of course. Would be classier to not be plugging your website/Facebook page here.
LoveMeSomePrunes wrote:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:

Plus you get traffic and Facebook likes and followers vs just contributing pictures. Hmm...seems like an agenda, even though plenty of free posting methods have been shown. Just my opinion of course. Would be classier to not be plugging your website/Facebook page here.

Carowinds intentionally purchased a billboard directly next to Wet n’ Wild Emerald Pointe in Greensboro a few years ago....
They spent money to attract WnWEP’s visitors and make money off them.