General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
Im pretty sure nobody fell out. It probably happened during a ride cycle test or may have been in a empty seat.
By uscbandfan
Carowindsman wrote:Im pretty sure nobody fell out. It probably happened during a ride cycle test or may have been in a empty seat.

Lets hope so. I thought restraints were designed so that locked is default. In other words a part failure would cause the seat NOT to open... not the other way around. That's scary.
By uscbandfan
Why don't they point cam2 at the hotel? I get that they're proud of the Snoopy changes but you really can't tell anything about that area from the cam because of the trees (Trees are a good thing.)

Point it at the hotel or the Copperhead Strike staging area where the parts are. Where it is now provides very little interest. :yawn:
By coasterbruh
Who would log on to Carowinds website to see a hotel being built?
By uscbandfan
Who would log onto Carowinds website to see some trees swaying in the wind? I guess you're the only one doing that. The park isn't even open except on the weekends so there isn't even any people to see.

For that matter, the cam would draw interest at things going on at the park. "Oh cool, they're building a hotel".
By Christopher Mallis
I think in the future Carowinds should invest in a 3rd webcam. This year they went with just one and postitioned the 2nd one to copperhead strike so early and I don’t know why they did it so early. Basically they just need a 3rd camera
Last edited by Christopher Mallis on September 28th, 2018, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By coasterbruh
uscbandfan wrote:Who would log onto Carowinds website to see some trees swaying in the wind? I guess you're the only one doing that.

Far too busy to even log into the webcam at all. But if I were to, it wouldn't be to look at a hotel being built . . .
By RiDeWaRrIoR
uscbandfan wrote:Why don't they point cam2 at the hotel? I get that they're proud of the Snoopy changes but you really can't tell anything about that area from the cam because of the trees (Trees are a good thing.)

Point it at the hotel or the Copperhead Strike staging area where the parts are. Where it is now provides very little interest. :yawn:

Its nice to see how full the parking lot is.... Wouldnt mind seeing the camera raised and perhaps zoomed if possible without to much quality loss to the laydown yard. I am sure it will be move again eventually. They need more interactive cameras, like Holiday World, but I am just thankful for the higher quality live cams vs those old still image ones they used to have :lol:
By mdsmith98
sorashaun wrote:
mdsmith98 wrote:Anyone else at the park this morning? I’m wearing a copperhead strike shirt. If you see me, come say hi :lol:

Light crowds?

As soon as they opened, yes. As I was leaving it got busy.
By mdsmith98
sv18 wrote:Would you rather see a Vortex conversion, or an Antique Autos addition in Vortex's plot of land?

Neither would interest me, to be honest. But if I had to choose, antique autos all day long.