General Carowinds discussion
Ok quick changes I noticed on the website. Dockstreet Fries will now be called Fair Fries and Panda Express we know is to be moved to Planet Snoopy as it does say on the site however Joe Cool Cafe is still listed too. Are they just sharing the building as in Chinese on one side and the cafe on the other?
pproteinc wrote:Ok quick changes I noticed on the website. Dockstreet Fries will now be called Fair Fries and Panda Express we know is to be moved to Planet Snoopy as it does say on the site however Joe Cool Cafe is still listed too. Are they just sharing the building as in Chinese on one side and the cafe on the other?

Not sure about Panda Express sharing the building, but I was told during the construction tour that the building is being remodeled to an Asian theme.
The "Tilt A Whirl" would have been a nice addition to add in the new, or even now the old county fair/ country crossroads area. I love those rides. Also where is this new Gazebo Stage with a new show going???? According to the new entertainment lineup on the website?
County Crossroads is the original name of what was known as, for the new generation, to be County Fair (old location).

I'm thinking it will be either in the grass area next to Rita's where the station to Thunder Road was or maybe in front of Southern Star being that area is so open.

I am happy to see the live entertainment line up list growing.
Rufus the Rainmaker was performed on a wagon (think the magician's wagon in The Wizard of Oz movie) across the courtyard from the original Harmony Hall. The guy who played Rufus was super talented. He was the best at ad lib and was always able to grab the audience and get them excitedly to chant, "Rain Rufus, Rain Rufus" at the end of the show. And then of course, it "rained." :D
Yea it's about that time they will start ramping it up a bit. They have about 29 days (including today not including Sundays) left before preview night. Luckily it will be in the 70s next week or above average temps as this whole winter has been.