General Carowinds discussion
By CoasterChris
Scooby will remain until 2012 unless some type of contract extension is signed to keep the scooby name.

Remeber Paramount lost the rights to Mission Impossible, thats why the flyer was named Stealth. Now it looks like they got the rights back since PCW is getting a MI: Stunt Show, which i think is a traveling show that all parks will get but thats besides the point.

Who know what it will be after 2012. We have a long way to go to figure that out.

I'm sure in the next 2-3 years carolina RFD will be re-themed and re-named.
By RollerBee
CoasterChris wrote: Scooby will remain until 2012 unless some type of contract extension is signed to keep the scooby name.

Who know what it will be after 2012.  We have a long way to go to figure that out.

I'm sure in the next 2-3 years carolina RFD will be re-themed and re-named.

Boo-ya, there is CoasterBruh. BTW, I know what I see.
By coasterbruh
And this is comming from the same person who....aww what the heck we dont wanna open that can of worms again...

Or do we? ;)

**Side bar** Who the hell says "Boo-ya"??
By RollerBee
:angry: Don't even bring that up CoasterBruh, it is history.
By LocoDriver
RollerNut wrote: The Frenzoid was a boring ride which one of the reasons is being removed. Another is it is old, and no one rides it even if the park is wall to wall people.

It seems like you just described the Kalidescope (Scambler). Boring and much older than the Frenzoid! Of course this is just my opinion. I have one much like you do about Frenzoid.

I can't imagine Paramount MGMT. sitting around the board room taking a vote on wether or not to remove Frenzoid because it's boring! Most likeley it's being removed because they have plans for that piece of land that it occupies.

Who knows, maybe they'll relocate it one day somewhere else in the park. I hope so, because I enjoyed riding it! I wouldn't be surprised to see them replace the restraints, slow the ride down (convert into a non looping version like the Pirate Ship at MBP), and retheme or rename it.

It's ashame to lose another flat. I hope it's replace by another one.
By carowindsfreak13
IMO, Frenzoid was a good classic ride and I loved it but sometimes it hurt the jewels. :P
By charlotteguy02
Why could the Frenzoid area not be included into the waterpark? It backs right up to the Abyss slides.

Or they could replace Frenzoid with a Huss giant frisbee...those have been put in at other Paramount parks with quite a bit of satisfaction from what I can tell. No maintanence problems, large capacity, not to mention it practically fits the same footprint as Frenzoid.
By Cephas
Frenzoid's station is now completely down and resting in the field next to TR forewards' brake run. I was humored that frenzoid was listed as one of the rides 'not operating today' on a sign outside the south gate. :lol:
By RollerBee
charlotteguy02 wrote: not to mention it practically fits the same footprint as Frenzoid.

No, the footprint for the Frisbee is bigger and rounder.
By coasterbruh
charlotteguy02 wrote:...those have been put in at other Paramount parks with quite a bit of satisfaction from what I can tell.  No maintanence problems, large capacity...

Delirum just came back not too long ago due to what looked to be a quite serious problem...BTW did anyone ever find out what was wrong w/ it?
By RollerBee
-
Last edited by RollerBee on July 21st, 2015, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By dukefanswimmer89
interesting enough...

beside the in-the-process of dismantling Frenzoid, was a truck with the logo 'Wave Rave..'

also behind the Abyss there was a PODS storage truck, with its side open, but a climb up the top of the Abyss [cephas did it] saw nothing...
By coasterbruh
well it sounds like that rea "dismantling" the ride instead of destroying it so it may be a chance it will return unlike this...

By carowindsfreak13
Looks like now its rally gone from us. Oh well it was a good ride though.