General Carowinds discussion
By Footballteen58
Heres what I think by 2008 when you walk into Carowinds.

When you walk in you should see absolutely nothing that says Paramount for miles. You SHOULD see about 100 trash cans for the next 20 feet :P ala Cedar Point. Also you should hear more of todays music than opera stuff. The park should be a traditional park BORG, Top Gun, Hurler, maybe Drop Zone, and Boomerang Bay should have different names because of the paramount rights. ALL the rides should be strict on rules more than ever. You likely wont be able to bring anything on the rides especially cameras. In the stations and the flats you hear the ever annoying fun & safety computer voice that you will have stuck in your head for multiple days. There also should be more flats like maybe a HUSS frissbee and an S&S Screaming Swing. :P And in a few years we should see maybe a hyper or a floorless from B&M I said maybe this is what Im hoping for. Id really like to see a coaster higher than 115 feet and alot more modern flats. What do you think Carowinds will be like in two years after the transformation is complete? And what do you think the name changes will be?
By CoasterChris
I would personally like to see the rest of the park get's it's referb like Paramount has been doing for the last 5-6 years. Sadly i think CF & Carolina RFD will get left out now.

I would also like to see more flats, Frisbee, Top Spin, Screaming Swing, stuff like that. I would love to see something taller and faster that Borg & Top Gun (But thats happening next year but i would love to see a hyper or floorless in soon but before any coasters get put in i would say we need some modern flats.
By kewlaidkiddd
Hi Guys, New to the Board... Was referred here from a post I made on Urban Planet:

Here are my thoughts on the park and what I hope will happen.... One can only dream

<a href='http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=2056&view=findpost&p=471477' target='_blank'>http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...ndpost&p=471477</a>
By kewlaidkiddd
Eh... good connection i guess...Just a little bored today...nothing on the agenda until later tonight. So trying to soak up as much as I can about the park.

Thanks for the welcome.

I've been enjoying the photoshop image spoofs of the Cedar Fair "changes" on an earlier board.
By bgwfreak
I think they will flaten the park and turn it into a Super Wal-Mart. That's what Charlotte needs, another one.

:lol:

But seriously, of course I'd love to see a rocket coaster or hyper, but I'll just wait and see.

Speculation doesn't do any good. I'll just wait and see what happens.

Cedar Fair sounded like they thought the whole "gimmick" of the park being in two states would make it a good tourist investment.
By Footballteen58
I wonder how Cedar Fair will change the Carowinds logo.
By Carowindsman
i think we will go back to the old Carowinds logo or keep this logo without the paramount name on it
By RollerBee
I doubt they will go back to the old Carowinds logo.
By CoasterChris
Did Cedar Fair go back to the old Geauga Lake logo when they bought SFWoA?
By bgwfreak
No, it's the font of all the other parks. <a href='http://www.geaugalake.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.geaugalake.com/</a>

That would be fine with me, the old Carowinds logo looks so dated now.
By CoasterChris
Thanks Wes. I would not mind either way but would love to se a new logo.

I would also like to go back to our old tage line "The Entertainment Capitol Of The Carolinas"
By bgwfreak
Yeah, I went around the park last weekend taking pictures of all the Paramount stuff. lol

I'm sure we'll get a brand spanking new sign for 2007.

Hopefully they'll have Snoopy on our logo too (but not the sign out front). :)
By Footballteen58
I hope Paramount Parks last touch at Carowinds is a flat ride. But if they dare say Italian Job I will hurt them.