General Carowinds discussion
By Carowinds2005
Here is the list of the trademarks concerning Paramount Parks. What im guessing is the rides and attractions not on this list would not have to be changed, do to it not being lisenced to Parmount, Paramount Parks, CBS, or Viacom.

<a href='http://www2.paramountparks.com/trademarks.cfm' target='_blank'>http://www2.paramountparks.com/trademarks.cfm</a>
By Edwardo
The following list is the list of Licenses that won't likely automatically transfer with the Paramount Parks buyout (anything like SoB, Rebel Yell, etc. which are owned by Paramount Parks will transfer under the terms of the purchase, as they're purchasing the Parks and the Park Licenses):

PARAMOUNT PICTURES CORP. TRADEMARKS
(registered and unregistered) in the U.S.A. and other Countries

BORG ASSIMILATOR
BORG INVASION 4D
BUBBA GUMP SHRIMP SHACK
CROCODILE DUNDEE’S BOOMERANG BAY
DAYS OF THUNDER
DROP ZONE STUNT TOWER
FACE/OFF
HAPPY DAYS DINER
KLINGON ENCOUNTER
PARAMOUNT PARKS
STAR TREK: THE EXPERIENCE
THE ITALIAN JOB STUNT TRACK
TOP GUN

CBS INC. TRADEMARKS

CBS TELEVISION CAFÉ

VIACOM INTERNATIONAL INC. TRADEMARKS

BLUE’S CLUES
DORA THE EXPLORER
LITTLE BILL (1)
NICK JR.
NICKELODEON
OSWALD
RUGRATS (2)
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS (3)
THE WILD THORNBERRYS (4)
THE ADVENTURES OF JIMMY NEUTRON, BOY GENIUS
THE FAIRLY ODD PARENTS (5)

LICENSORS TRADEMARKS

MINI and MINI COOPER
BMW AG Authorized Licensee.
All rights reserved.

TOMB RAIDER: THE RIDE
Paramount Pictures Corp. Tomb Raider and Lara Croft are trademarks of Core Design Ltd.
All rights reserved.

SHOCKWAVE
Licensed User.
All rights reserved

GREAT AMERICA
Licensed User.
All rights reserved.

HANNA-BARBERA, SCOOBY-DOO, THE FLINTSTONES, YOGI BEAR, THE JETSONS, CHARACTERS, NAMES AND ALL RELATED INDICIA ARE TRADEMARKS OF AND ©WARNER BROS.

All of the above are names listed that are registered to Viacom/CBS/Paramount Pictures/Nickelodeon. In order for those names to be used, a Licensing agreement with the other entity will need to be established (which may or may not be in the works, according to CFLP).

CFLP has shown much interest in the Nick licensing (everything with a # after it), and will likely be optioning that for the amt. of time they specified at least. Its a seperate license. Everything in Bold has to do with Star Trek: The Experience, which simply won't run without the license, so I have a feeling they'll at least either keep the Trek Licensing, or allow someone else to take over ST:TE and deal with the licensing. If they do keep the Trek licensing, I figure that BORG will be included under that, which would be the logical thing to do.

Everything italics is the name of a ride at a paramount park that is licensed from Viacom/CBS/Paramount. The Bold Italic Tomb Raider is a ride with a licensed name that doesn't belong to Viacom/Paramount/CBS, and is owned by Core (so again, a seperate licensing could be set up for those if so decided). Those are the only names I could see changing. However, It is interesting to note that, while they do own the rights to 'DROP ZONE STUNT TOWER', they don't own the license apparently to just 'Drop Zone' (which I have seen other generic drop rides at other parks named), so they could just change it to Drop Zone. Face/Off could easily be changed to another Paramount License, Invertigo. Only the 4 Top Guns, 5 Drop Zones, 2 Tomb Raiders, BORG, the 3 IJ coasters, and Face/Off are in need of possible new name changes, and of those, I could eaisly see BORG and Drop Zone (without Stunt Tower attached) kept.

Boomerang Bay by itsself isn't listed, but if you Put Croc. Dundee in it, it falls under Paramount Pictures. The Mini Cooper licensing agreement will likely follow the IJ coasters, as that applies to the actual train, not the name. Really, I don't see a lot on that list that will change, as there are only a few names that don't go with the park. It'll be just like with SFWoA, where Batman, Superman, etc were changed, but RWB and Villain, etc. were not.
By Edwardo
P.S., aside from Nick, which will likely be picked up, and the Hanna/Barbera stuff left that will likely be changed to Nick anywho under CF if they keep Nick, it really only affects 13 rides, and if they keep Trek, that takes it down to 12, and if they drop the 'Stunt Tower' from drop zone, that takes it down to 8 ride names that would need to be changed, and then they'll likely change Face/Off to Invertigo, so that is only 7, since Days of Thunder can just not be shown, and then you have 4 Top Gun coasters and 3 IJ coasters that need re-named. There are the 4 Scooby dark rides, but I believe that was another seperate license from Warner Bros., and I don't see them dropping that. Then, of course, drop the Paramount from Action FX theater, and just change Happy Days Diner to Coasters ;).
By Edwardo
I hate to add another post, but I figured this deserved a comment all by its self:

http://www.cedarfair.com

Yesterday there was not 'Paramount' in front of the parks names.

Today there is :ph34r: .
By bgwfreak
How strange. Hopefully this doesn't mean they are keeping the Parmaount name after this year.
By coasterbruh
Whats in a name???
By bgwfreak
coasterbruh wrote: Whats in a name???

Quoting Shakesphere now???

I personally have never really liked the Paramount name being tagged onto the park names. It's a minor thing I know, but that's me.
By coasterholic14
Same with me. I never call the parks Paramount....anything...i always just call them Carowinds, Kings Island, etc.
By Jonathan
I think their webmaster may have just jumped the gun on the renaming thing.
By Edwardo
I actually know Jeff (the webmaster), but I have't had a chance to ask him about it. Again, it'll be interesting to see what happens starting next year.
By coasterbruh
Whats more important than all of this is if scot and natividad will remain at the parks... :( :unsure:
By jcarle
I have only been to Carowind’s twice. I would prefer to go to Cedar Point, even though I only live an hour from Carowind’s. However, now that CF owns it, I will probably go back. I hope they change the entrance to the park. It is crazy to have everyone funnel into that small building. I hope they make the park friendlier and the ride ops friendlier. Have them tell you about the ride and ask how your ride was.
By Footballteen58
I really hope Carowinds gets a hyper next year. After that a bunch of flats. Id like to see a B&M Hyper that is 250 feet high.
By Jonathan
DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'
HOLD ON TO THE FEELIN'