General Carowinds discussion
Ok now since coaster shock is over what are you guys thoughts...
What did you like?
What didnt you like?
What do you think should change?
What should stay the same?

Got any thoughts and opinions? Lets hear them!
Last edited by coasterbruh on July 25th, 2009, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-I liked the ERT's, buffet, Q&A, and most of all the questions Jarvis asked. :mrgreen:
-I didn't like how there wasn't more stuff to do during the middle of the day. The morning and night were excellent but I thought the middle of the day could have used more things like a scavenger hunt. I also thought the backstage tour would have included more like a tour of one of the Scarowinds haunts getting built.
-They should include more day activities and have more stuff to show you during the backstage tour.
-The morning and night should stay the same but with maybe having the morning ERT's on one side of the park and night ERT's on the other side. Lunch buffet and Q&A should stay the same also.
I honestly liked the whole event except for melting in the hot sun!

If it could be moved to early/mid June it would be most helpful.

Dani and the rest of the staff were awesome. As tired as I am, I can't imagine what they are feeling.
To me the tour was a little short but I was happy with it anyway. The Scarowinds thing was not a huge deal to me so I was fine with it anyway.

The morning and night ert was absolutely fantastic. Registration went smoothy as well. However I had another run in with security :roll: Jacob (carowindsman long number I cant remember) and I were walking the way we thought we were supposed to go. Note that normal park path was not blocked off and there were no signs. Note that a security guard could just say, sorry you are going the wrong way. No, the security guard screams at us to get back here, and tells us to go that way or else he will kick us out of the park... :roll: my luck..

The middle of the day. in my opinion, had way too many gaps in the middle. This may have been put there for people to get rides on other attractions. However I think next year this can be solved by adding a scavenger hunt or something else in the middle of the day to combat this.

Buffet was good, the Q&A had some interesting questions, except for the fact that every other question had to do with the world's largest parking garage, shuffleboard court, world's largest kiddie pool, and mudpit expansion that the park is adding for 2010. The tour had some interesting details come out of it to about how the park paints attractions.

Dani said we are getting more ert, so I am very interested to see how it will work out next year.

I will be going to C3 this year because of this event. I am kind of happy cause it will be a little shorter.

Btw Jarvis is the man, we are the coaster crew/kdfansite group you talked about. Any question he asked or answer he gave was hilarious. Dani-"What will you guys be looking for on August 26th?" Jarvis-" RED B&M TRACK.....ON A FLATBED!"

Biscuits on a Cold Plate out!
What did you like?-Pretty much everything that was done. I enjoyed the ERTs , lunch , behind the scenes and other stuff.
I did like how they gave us a 4 hour brake. I got to go home. This also gave people that have never been to the park , to enjoy it.

What didnt you like?-The only thing I didn't like was how there was only two rides open for ERTs in 1 hour. I'm sure it was hard to get employees to stay or get up earlier to work. Oh , and the fact that when they ask the question about "When did Paramounts buy Carowinds?" The kid that was in my group told me to say 2006 and I had to say something so I said it xD.(Cedar fair more like 06')

What do you think should change?-Maybe more ERTs. If that is possible.

What should stay the same?-I liked pretty much everything about it , so everything besides the ERTs.
It's interesting to me that a couple of people have mentioned gaps in the day, because I have been to many coaster events, and this one definitely had the LEAST gaps of any of them. There has to be some time to just enjoy the park during the day, especially for those who come from out of town.
Jonathan wrote:It's interesting to me that a couple of people have mentioned gaps in the day, because I have been to many coaster events, and this one definitely had the LEAST gaps of any of them. There has to be some time to just enjoy the park during the day, especially for those who come from out of town.

That's a very good point regarding enjoying the park during the gaps. I didn't really think about that until now. This is actually my first coaster event and I had a blast. :)
First of all, It was good to put some faces with the names here....

I know my wife and I had a good time... A few more "afternoon" activities are in order. Sorry we didnt get to make it back for the tour. A young'n issue arose that needed our attention..

BTW, did anyone take notes on who won what???

pat
I liked pretty much everything.... I agree that I wish the tour was a little longer and maybe some more things in between during the day or maybe more events closer together and then a couple of hours before the last event or something. Hopefully they will add a couple other rides to ERT next year as well... and maybe something in the waterpark? Overall it was a great day.... very tiring... but worth it! Loved the ERT on Afterburn and Thunder Road. Cant wait to see what happens next year...

Thanks again to Dani and everyone who made coaster stock a success!