General Carowinds discussion
I was down to get my pass processed today. It was painful watching intimidator with people in it and no line. I looked at the layout of the station and it looks like we pick our own rows. Does diamondback let you pick you own seats?
It was painful just seeing people on the webcam, I can only imagine how it was when you were on the other side of the fence. I didnt go up there today since my wife isnt coming on opening day its pointless to get her pass made til later on. Oh well, not like I wont get to ride it next sat and all season, plus the ACE events with no lines, cant wait for that! Less than a week.... :D
Can anyone comment on which wheels they will be using for opening day? I haven't seen any videos or comments from the last few days of testing, but I sure hope the coaster isn't running as sluggishly as the walkback videos we saw a couple days ago.

I can't help but feel a constant sense of happiness in these next 6 days, Intimidator is almost here!
Well when I went yesterday it was going fast than I had ever seen it go and I seen it run about 5 days. I have also noticed a trend. When they only run 2 trains it seems to run faster than when they have 3 going. I dont know what is up with that but maybe its just a coincidence.
ok.. does anybody know if the are going to stop the sod where it is and leave the rest to grow as grass or are they gonna finish it completely? All i no if it looks a million times better with that sod being down.. the sign looks awesome.. a few more days and we will be riding this beast of a monster... hopefully all the coasters will be open this year on opening day.. i went last year and half the coasters we closed!
I think that's flags you see flying around on the edge of the grassy area. I haven't seen anyone in that area today unless they were walking through.
coaster mania wrote:ok.. does anybody know if the are going to stop the sod where it is and leave the rest to grow as grass or are they gonna finish it completely? All i no if it looks a million times better with that sod being down.. the sign looks awesome.. a few more days and we will be riding this beast of a monster... hopefully all the coasters will be open this year on opening day.. i went last year and half the coasters we closed!

well we know that Thunder Road won't be. I hope to see some of you there.

Also will Thunder Road be open at all this season?
iball wrote:I was down to get my pass processed today. It was painful watching intimidator with people in it and no line. I looked at the layout of the station and it looks like we pick our own rows. Does diamondback let you pick you own seats?

Normally, seats are assigned on Diamondback. Occassionally, though, you cam pick your seat, or at least request one.

jordN1414 wrote:Well when I went yesterday it was going fast than I had ever seen it go and I seen it run about 5 days. I have also noticed a trend. When they only run 2 trains it seems to run faster than when they have 3 going. I dont know what is up with that but maybe its just a coincidence.

Maybe it runs faster with 2 trains because the trims don't grab as hard.
Not good! :( What I mean by the layout of the station is that it looked a lot like afterburns.