General Carowinds discussion
By egrigg
CarolinaCoasterFreak wrote:
egrigg wrote:..... Now for the number 3 log. In my opinion I dont think it points out to Dale's number. I think it means the 3rd Weather related coaster name at the park seeing how we have Thunder Road and the Cyclone....

Carowinds The Early Years wrote:Built at a cost of $1.6 million, Thunder Road was an all wood racing coaster that opened to the public on April 3, 1976. A quick history lesson here. The name Thunder Road (the best coaster name at Carowinds in my opinion), was taken from the 1958 Robert Mitchum movie depicting moonshining in the Carolina mountains. Route 9, going north from Atlanta, was nicknamed Thunder Road during the prohibition when bootleggers with souped up car engines would race to outrun the law & revenuers.
So, just to point out, Thunder Road isn't really a weather related name. But, it is an interesting idea, and could very well be true.

I know its not a weather related theme, but it does have a weather name . Who knows I could be wrong. I hate Nascar, but I rather for it to be named Intimidator then White Lightning(though I loved the old White Lightnin'). Either way Im glad we are getting a Hyper. It could be called the My Lil Pony Experience :lol: and I would be happy in regardless of the name .
By RctWeekly
CarolinaCoasterFreak wrote:
egrigg wrote:..... Now for the number 3 log. In my opinion I dont think it points out to Dale's number. I think it means the 3rd Weather related coaster name at the park seeing how we have Thunder Road and the Cyclone....

Carowinds The Early Years wrote:Built at a cost of $1.6 million, Thunder Road was an all wood racing coaster that opened to the public on April 3, 1976. A quick history lesson here. The name Thunder Road (the best coaster name at Carowinds in my opinion), was taken from the 1958 Robert Mitchum movie depicting moonshining in the Carolina mountains. Route 9, going north from Atlanta, was nicknamed Thunder Road during the prohibition when bootleggers with souped up car engines would race to outrun the law & revenuers.
So, just to point out, Thunder Road isn't really a weather related name. But, it is an interesting idea, and could very well be true.

When you have thunder you get lightning but my thoughts on the whole "lightning never strikes twice they where wrong"
this will be the 2nd time that a coaster has been named white lightning at carowinds which by saying that means that this is the 2nd time its striked at carowinds with that name get it?
By Davidtmp
RctWeekly wrote:When you have thunder you get lightning but my thoughts on the whole "lightning never strikes twice they where wrong"
this will be the 2nd time that a coaster has been named white lightning at carowinds which by saying that means that this is the 2nd time its striked at carowinds with that name get it?

That is the obvious meaning. The non obvious meaning hit me in the shower(This is taking up to much of my mind).
If they had been able to buy Led Zep from HPR out of bankruptcy precedings, and moved it to Carowinds, I would get it. A white coaster, I would get it......This coaster is RED. IF it is indeed going to be called White Lightning, I am interested in where the name came from and the reasons for using it. And how they are going to tie all this in together. Get it??
WOW! I love how the logo is simaler to the one I made for the administrators witch by the way was rejected! Anyway good to see a change!

Does anybody think we will see the supports before the offical release date?
By egrigg
Coaster Punk wrote:WOW! I love how the logo is simaler to the one I made for the administrators witch by the way was rejected! Anyway good to see a change!

Does anybody think we will see the supports before the offical release date?

I think we will see the supports around the same time as the official release date.It all depends on how fast all the track pieces get here. Speaking of supports Im now curious what color they will be. I guess we will see soon.
By KenB
Jonathan wrote:Can't the trains just be white?

^This. It would fit the theme, and the red would offset the white better than most other colors, I think. It would be somewhat of a mirror-image of White Lightnin's scheme, which was white track, orange train.

Or it's going to be like Silver Bullet, and contain none of the color in the name at all.
By Chris
Coaster Punk wrote:WOW! I love how the logo is simaler to the one I made for the administrators witch by the way was rejected! Anyway good to see a change!

Witch? Where? "Simaler" is a nice touch, as well. :roll:

JamminJ wrote:TOTALLY. 'SIMALER'.

:roll:

:lol:
By coasterbruh
chknwing wrote:anyone knw where that areial pic of the B&M plant is? I remember seeing it on a forum somwhere, may be able to see support color etc

lol oh boy, the b&m plant again...I think lowes still had some seeds left so anyone can grow their own b&m plant but it will need lots of sun...
chknwing wrote:anyone knw where that areial pic of the B&M plant is? I remember seeing it on a forum somwhere, may be able to see support color etc

The picture that was posted awhile back was from before Dimaondback construction. It was posted on kiextreme.com (I think that was the one). The last pictures posted from the B&M plant only had red track. There were no supports that had been painted...yet, although I'm sure have been now :).