General Carowinds discussion
By Jay
I am going to open up this thread with a warning. :?

bgwfreak wrote:Word of advice for what it's worth.

The track is down past the construction road entrance and the "coned off" area so, I would advise staying away from back there unless you want CMPD to show up and haul your butt away for trespassing.

I'm not sure how they got such close up pics earlier today, but I was out there earlier and security is back there now in that area.

I don't want to see anybody get themselves banned from the park, the coaster, etc.

Not much to add, but Carowinds Connection does not condone breaking ANY park rules or trespassing in any areas marked off. Please ask permission before going into any areas you are unsure if you should be in or not.

Now for pictures of track which arrived around 5 am on Wednesday morning. :shock:

coasternut30 wrote:Image

charlotteguy02 wrote:Image

FSUNolez06 wrote:Image

I am going to try to stay a little more heavy fisted in this thread, so again please refer to the Code of Conduct. Anything that deters from the topic will be deleted. Try not to be too crazy with the speculation either, just 3 weeks to go until all is revealed. Just think of this thread as a "Part 2" to the great start we had with the previous thread.
Sooo...temp storage area? I noticed it was exactly 3 weeks to the official announcement that the track showed up...I wonder if things are gonna "happen" ever week until the 26th because personally I think bring 2 pieces of track was to add fuel to the dying fire after the white lightining fiasco...
By Chris
I figured I would repost my entire post from the last thread so I could include all 7 of the pics I took...

At noon, I texted Derrick and told him to post on this site that red B&M track showed up.

He didn't. :'( :lol:

I was on the lift hill of AfterGun and looked to my right. I literally shouted to the people I was with, "Holy SHI*... Track is here!"

I quickly pulled out my digital camera and snapped these (yeah, sue me)...

When we got off, I told them we need to leave for a few minutes so I could snap these...

Edit to activate the auto image resizer...
Last edited by Chris on August 8th, 2009, 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FSUNolez06 wrote:At noon, I texted Derrick and told him to post on this site that red B&M track showed up.

He didn't. :'( :lol:

Unfortunately, I never got the message or I probably would have definitely gone to the park yesterday. I guess I will have to go today and get some pics.
By RctWeekly
Here's a picture I got this morning as I was going down the road and saw the truck so we stoped.
Attachments
6451_1092700760988_1330600025_30228512_4501002_n.jpg
6451_1092700760988_1330600025_30228512_4501002_n.jpg (38.67 KiB) Viewed 28162 times
Great pics! I wish I could go up to the park and take a look, maybe when I get back from hilton head I will go up to the park and get some pics to add to the collection. Great job on the RCT track! I have been working on a No Limits Coaster re-creation of the coaster but I dont really know where to start yet. Maybe after the announcement I will be able to do it based on the layout etc...
By RctWeekly
Im also working on a RCT3 verison of our ride I'll show some when I know more about the coaster and im gonna make a no limits verison also I hope.
By alecscrews
I'm going to the Park today. I'll probably get some pictures from my phone camera (1600*1200 pixels). Does anyone have any tips one where to get the pictures from... Thunder Roads Lift Hill??
By Davidtmp
Thunder Road station would be good probably, not sure if that building would be in the way or not,and not doing anything illegal. Maybe inside the station down at the last car que would get you around the building enough to get some pics. Using a device on a coaster is technically illegal, but it's up to you.
By bgwfreak
Unless they deliver more track today, there really isn't a need to try and take more pics anyway.

Soon it will be like Cobra, and you'll be able to take all the pics you want from Thunder Road's ramp to blue side.
By coasterbruh
bgwfreak wrote:Unless they deliver more track today, there really isn't a need to try and take more pics anyway.

Soon it will be like Cobra, and you'll be able to take all the pics you want from Thunder Road's ramp to blue side.

RctWeekly wrote:Here's a picture I got this morning as I was going down the road and saw the truck so we stoped.