General Carowinds discussion
bobbysmagic wrote:Oh by the way, the page looks GREAT. I love how you guys made the layout red like Carowinds new coaster! Whos idea was that?

mines...
By Capler
Bruh, I'm wondering about the support color too. Maybe they will still be rust to match the colors at Rockingham and North Wilksboro? Maybe that is why they left the cracked pavement there in the parking lot to complete the theme. 8)
Capler wrote:Bruh, I'm wondering about the support color too. Maybe they will still be rust to match the colors at Rockingham and North Wilksboro? Maybe that is why they left the cracked pavement there in the parking lot to complete the theme. 8)

I dont know if its becuase vortext being there but black comes as the most natural color for a red coaster. but if they have gray it would kinda make the section where it goes near top gun look red "white" and blue lol...
By Davidtmp
I have an idea about this "Who says lightning doesn't strike twice" thing. Could that refer to the corporation putting in 2 very large additions in the same year, especially in this economy when you would think parks would put off coaster plans. They announce KD's coaster on the 20th, then ours on the 26th, hence you have "lightning striking twice". I just can't see calling this ride White Lightning.
By John43221
^ Wow, Dave.. I never thought of that. It's kind of a neat observation, but it would be lost on 99% of the public.

Anyway, as far as what track is coming in, it seems like most of the Domestic B&M rides have always had straight/station/Break pieces come in first. Each Piece of track is numbered...1 , 2, etc. I don't know if its an inventory thing or what, but that's just what I've noticed. We'll probably see a few curved pieces soon to, for the turn back to the station
By egrigg
This is my first post , so let me start off by saying hi to everyone . Ok I'm going to give my 2 cents on what I think this theme will be. I been to carowinds a lot this year when everyone said the teaser box was at the park I had to check it out for myself. After checking it out it sounds more like thunder to me instead of a race car. Then you have " Lightning really does strike twice" painted on the box. There is the infamous white lightning site that to me seams real enough. I dont think Cedar Fair would waste time or money just to create a fake page.I believe the page will go live on the 26th when they announce the new coaster. Now for the number 3 log. In my opinion I dont think it points out to Dale's number. I think it means the 3rd Weather related coaster name at the park seeing how we have Thunder Road and the Cyclone. As far as the flag and tire marks on the banner I think it means what it clearly says record breaking. When I think of record breaking it makes me think of races. So I think everyone is reading to much into things it's just my opinion. So in my opinion even though I dont like the idea myself is the new coasters name will be White lightning.
Once again hi to everyone and I'm glad to be a member of this board.
Davidtmp wrote:I have an idea about this "Who says lightning doesn't strike twice" thing. Could that refer to the corporation putting in 2 very large additions in the same year, especially in this economy when you would think parks would put off coaster plans. They announce KD's coaster on the 20th, then ours on the 26th, hence you have "lightning striking twice". I just can't see calling this ride White Lightning.

Very good point. Does anyone know if KD got a crate that said "lightning does strike twice"

But also could that mean we could be getting the same coaster in a way?
By Chris
derek_lentz wrote:
FSUNolez06 wrote:At noon, I texted Derrick and told him to post on this site that red B&M track showed up.

He didn't. :'( :lol:

Unfortunately, I never got the message or I probably would have definitely gone to the park yesterday. I guess I will have to go today and get some pics.

I just realized I sent it to the number in my phone for "Derrick" instead of "Derek". I have no idea who this Derrick guy is, but now he knows that there is track at Carowinds. :lol:
The only reason that I think Carowinds got the short end of the stick, was that Paramount was based in Charlotte. I'd think that because of that, Paramount would have given it Hypersonic, and Stealth (originially). Just my 2 cents...
By Jay
We have a "Paramount vs THE WORLD" thread already. Please use it to tell what park you think was or was not the favorite. Also use it to tell what quality rides Son of Beast, Stealth, and Hypersonic were.

:roll:

http://www.carowindsconnection.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2687

All future posts about that topic in thread will be deleted.
egrigg wrote:..... Now for the number 3 log. In my opinion I dont think it points out to Dale's number. I think it means the 3rd Weather related coaster name at the park seeing how we have Thunder Road and the Cyclone....

Carowinds The Early Years wrote:Built at a cost of $1.6 million, Thunder Road was an all wood racing coaster that opened to the public on April 3, 1976. A quick history lesson here. The name Thunder Road (the best coaster name at Carowinds in my opinion), was taken from the 1958 Robert Mitchum movie depicting moonshining in the Carolina mountains. Route 9, going north from Atlanta, was nicknamed Thunder Road during the prohibition when bootleggers with souped up car engines would race to outrun the law & revenuers.
So, just to point out, Thunder Road isn't really a weather related name. But, it is an interesting idea, and could very well be true.