General Carowinds discussion
By WindsWaker
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:I think 13 is just the 13th coaster for the park.... hence the iz13enuff on the trailer in the park.

It actually says "iz12enuff," but I get your point. I agree.

There is a little confusion here, though. KD's invitation says "15." The obvious conclusion was that it referred to the park's fifteenth coaster. However, that only works for KD if you count Rebel Yell as two coasters. If that is how Cedar Fair is counting at KD, then would they not do that for us? That would make this our 14th coaster, would it not? Or is this a policy difference between the two parks?

Forgive me, I enjoy playing devil's advocate from time-to-time. :mrgreen:
By Double_a
chknwing wrote:the number 13 wont represent a driver because that number is an unlucky number and not used much. Only one nascar race has ever been won by a car with the number 13.

Are you serious? 13 may just be unlucky in racing then.

Any way, as previously stated, the 13 on the invite likely refers to this being the 13th coaster in the park.
KD's 15 may not represent the same thing as our 13 does by the way
By WindsWaker
coasterfanbase wrote:Actually 13 is just considered an unlucky number overall, hence why some buildings and ALL cruise ships don't label the 13th floor as 13 they just skip to the next #.

The fact that Carowinds is throwing the number around all willie nilly is kind of concerning then, isn't it...

:lol:
By WindsWaker
carowindsman6654 wrote:
Please tell me you're not serious. We need some update pics of track. :D

It is still red, it is still B&M and it is still just sitting there. :)
WindsWaker wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:
Please tell me you're not serious. We need some update pics of track. :D

It is still red, it is still B&M and it is still just sitting there. :)

Yeah, but supports have begun to arrive apparently. We need pics of that. :D :lol:
By WindsWaker
I'm sure if supports really were on site, we'd have seen them by now.
By WindsWaker
carowindsman6654 wrote:
WindsWaker wrote:I'm sure if supports really were on site, we'd have seen them by now.

People have said on this forum that supports have arrived on site.

Not so much. One person said "rumor has it." That was all. :?

Anyway. Moving on.
WindsWaker wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:
WindsWaker wrote:I'm sure if supports really were on site, we'd have seen them by now.

People have said on this forum that supports have arrived on site.

Not so much. One person said "rumor has it." That was all. :?

Anyway. Moving on.

Yeah, and then another person who went to the park that same day said that small supports had begun to arrive on site. Isn't that right Chunkyskunk? ;) And yes, moving on.
By Jonathan
Carowinds has always counted Thunder Road as 1 and Kings Dominion has always counted Rebel Yell as 2. Just one of those weird things. Personally I think Carowinds is selling themselves short!