General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
JamminJ wrote:So the largest expansion in park history and likely top 10 coaster doesn't get you excited but the "possibility" of a 90 degree drop does?

PSSST:

I thought they "exaggerated" the 75degree claim or it was only for like 1 ft or something? Reading soo much coaster crap online really makes it all run together lol
By The New Santa
coasterbruh wrote:
Whitesoxsfan21 wrote:I went to the park today. Nothing new besides 2 new peices of track. I also have something to point out...

Okay , look at the top two peices in the center of the picture. Do you see the angle of the support to track connector? It looks like an invertion , but it isn't . It looks like a very steep peice of track... Hmmm...

humm indeed...

Taller coaster=more leg room for a vertical drop or near vertical drop

Is that a picture of Sheikra's construction?
By coasterbruh
The New Santa wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:
Whitesoxsfan21 wrote:I went to the park today. Nothing new besides 2 new peices of track. I also have something to point out...

Okay , look at the top two peices in the center of the picture. Do you see the angle of the support to track connector? It looks like an invertion , but it isn't . It looks like a very steep peice of track... Hmmm...

humm indeed...

Taller coaster=more leg room for a vertical drop or near vertical drop

Is that a picture of Sheikra's construction?

Is that rhetorical? lol
By Jay
coasterbruh wrote:I thought they "exaggerated" the 75degree claim or it was only for like 1 ft or something? Reading soo much coaster crap online really makes it all run together lol

I don't know, most B&M hypers really don't hold their angle for long distance. Does not detract at all from the ones I have been on though.

PSSST:

The second hyper picture looks a lot more like the two peices at Carowinds. But why two? Hmm... I wish more track arrived. I like guessing the peices!

Edit:
JamminJ wrote:First off, thanks to everyone who has supplied track pics over the last week and a half. But... I have noticed an abundance of pictures from Thunder Road. I know getting the 'EXCLUSIVE SHOT' is tempting but don't break any rules guys. I don't want to see anyone get kicked out or possibly banned. Only 10 more days now. Also this thread isn't JUST for track photos. The dirt has been feeling left out, even if it doesn't appear to be moving as much.. :wink:

There isn't anything new on the feild . I didn't bother taking any photos. BTW , yes I don't think I should take any from thunder road , but it was the only "close up" I could get. My brother parked farther away from the track , making it harder to take photos. Oh well. I don't see how it would get me kicked from the park though. I took a few photos then put it back in my pocket. Oh well. Thanks for the awarness anywho.
Last edited by Whitesoxsfan21 on August 16th, 2009, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just throwing this out there, does anybody think that this coaster might actually be a B&M Dive Machine and not a Hyper like we are all expecting?
I honestly doubt it. From the looks of the site , and all that rebar , I would say a hyper or a sit down with inversions. I'm more asure of a hyper though.

Edit: That construction update is probably the last on on account that I more than likely won't be visiting the park til' next season... Yay. We won't survive :?
Last edited by Whitesoxsfan21 on August 16th, 2009, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By pb3176
thanks for the site. i am new as you can see but have been checking out your boards for a week or so when i started searching for info on the new coaster going up.

now looking at the latest photo above i noticed that there were 2 red supports. friday when i went to the park there were just the 17 pcs of track and the red supports were not there. also they were pouring concrete for those that are interested.
By coasterbruh
Whitesoxsfan21 wrote: I would say a hyper or a sit down with invertions.

are those kinda like inversions? Could that be the record breaking aspect...first coaster with invertions?
coasterbruh wrote:
Whitesoxsfan21 wrote: I would say a hyper or a sit down with inversions.

are those kinda like inversions? Could that be the record breaking aspect...first coaster with invertions?

No... The record breaking . History making thing is more than likely for carowinds as the largest ride in the park... I know you know that this wouldn't be the first ride with inversions... I know your being sarcastic , but it is hard to tell at points...
Keith wrote:I think he was making fun of the incorrect spelling of inversion

Yeah , I am used to spelling it that way... Stupid english project... Well , It did catch my eye before you mentioned it...
By ThrillSeeker
[quote="coasterbruh"][quote="JamminJ"]So the largest expansion in park history and likely top 10 coaster doesn't get you excited but the "possibility" of a 90 degree drop does?

Well yes I couldnt care less about the history of the park. Just because the thing will be big does not make it a top 10. My values are obviously different.
By RacerAlex
The new track pieces have design elements very close to recent Hypers like La Ronde's Goliath and KI's Diamondback as far as the support angle bracket versus track. So I think its safe to assume this will be a Hyper coaster. But just for comparison, here's a photo of the Dive Machine Griffon's main drop with the drop's full support system in view. Of particular note is the top bracket relative to its track angle and the chain release system to hang the trains on the edge.

BGW 2009 061.jpg
BGW 2009 061.jpg (516.07 KiB) Viewed 3908 times