General Carowinds discussion
bobbysmagic wrote:
Davidtmp wrote:I have an idea about this "Who says lightning doesn't strike twice" thing. Could that refer to the corporation putting in 2 very large additions in the same year, especially in this economy when you would think parks would put off coaster plans. They announce KD's coaster on the 20th, then ours on the 26th, hence you have "lightning striking twice". I just can't see calling this ride White Lightning.

Very good point. Does anyone know if KD got a crate that said "lightning does strike twice"

But also could that mean we could be getting the same coaster in a way?

KD has NOT gotten a crate or anything that involves lightning like Carowinds has. "Lightning strikes twice" has nothing to do with Carowinds and KD both getting new coasters. If it did, there would be stuff at KD too involving this.
^ That looks like they are for the break run / storage / train storage. Not neccesarly supports for the actual ride. I have a feeling they will be yellow... but that makes both the new rides at KD and Carowinds the same color meaning they could have relation :lol: ... Who knows? Lets just wait and see on the 26th.
By WindsWaker
RctWeekly wrote:I believe we are getting a red B&M hyper, with gray supports, with yellow and white trains, now that would be cool.

I couldn't picture that at all at first. Then I remembered...

It's not bad looking. Oh, and the site looks freakin' sweet! :mrgreen:

**EDIT** By the way, I'm starting to think that maybe this coaster just has "lightning" in the name. It would still fit into the whole "strikes twice" business, wouldn't it?
^Yeah , it doesn't look bad. I don't really see it in my mind though. The "supports" we are talking about don't really look like roller coaster supports. More like for the station structure.
By RctWeekly
Those gray beems look like something for the transfer track what supports it.

This is the diamondback transfer station and it looks a lot like our gray beems at our park.
Attachments
p22247.jpg
p22247.jpg (201.63 KiB) Viewed 4406 times
By Jstbcool
I agree that those gray beems look like the storage shed and transfer track. If its anything like Diamondback, then most of the supports will match that color, however, the lift could have different colored supports. I would expect something that would stand out more against the skyline because gray would kinda blend into a cloudy sky. Yellow does stand out, but hopefully they'll use something different. Black would probably look good, or it could be a dark gray like Firehawk.
By dailyshow
Hey chunkyskunk you should see if your guy Duane will post coasternut30’s first track pic on RCDB seeing as how it was the exclusive shot…not to mention all the bs he went through to get it (ie: he was about to get booted from the site, he had to go and buy a digital camera, and so on and so forth)