General Carowinds discussion
By Capler
Whatever this coaster ends up being, I hope we don’t start over analyzing it, wishing for something else, and ripping it apart like they do over on the KDfansite. We are better than that. This is the very coaster many of us have been waiting almost a decade for. It would be disingenuous of us to turn into little expert turds and start whining about what it should be, or what it could have been. Let’s be grateful that Cedar Fair has placed our long neglected park at the same level of importance as King Dominion and Kings Island. It has been decades since we have been treated equal to our siblings. Yeah, Kings Dominion might be getting a slightly taller and slightly faster Giga, -big deal. Their new coaster has nothing to do with preferential treatment, but is merely a market positioning strategy.
With that said, lets all be appreciative of our new attraction and let’s try very hard not to take the low road of envy by coveting what another coaster does or what another park has. Honestly B&M hypers might not deliver the death defying thrill of an Intamin, but pound per pound, they are the gold standard of the genre. Heck, if you need the excitement of rolling back into the station after the coaster misfires, or the thrill of nearly over shooting the brake run, King Dominion & SFA are only a few hours away. (Superman and Volcano scares me to death at times, but I’m like a crack head and keep going back.)
bgwfreak wrote:Unless they deliver more track today, there really isn't a need to try and take more pics anyway.

Soon it will be like Cobra, and you'll be able to take all the pics you want from Thunder Road's ramp to blue side.

What about the log flume site? We could use some new pics of that. :D
By alecscrews
carowindsman6654 wrote:
bgwfreak wrote:Unless they deliver more track today, there really isn't a need to try and take more pics anyway.

Soon it will be like Cobra, and you'll be able to take all the pics you want from Thunder Road's ramp to blue side.

What about the log flume site? We could use some new pics of that. :D

Ok... I'll take some :)
By derek_lentz
JamminJ wrote:
bgwfreak wrote:I'm not sure how they got such close up pics earlier today, but I was out there earlier and security is back there now in that area.

I don't want to see anybody get themselves banned from the park, the coaster, etc.

Not much to add, but Carowinds Connection does not condone breaking ANY park rules or trespassing in any areas marked off.

I will start off my post by saying that I did ask permission, inside the park, to take these pictures before I started.
I decided to go down to the park today to see what I could see.

ImageImage

They have dug a trench down the center of the pivot point

I took this one from the top of pipeline peak

Now onto the money shots. As I said I did ask permission. There were 5 track pieces there when I walked up.

Then the 2 maintenance guys that were looking over the track asked me if I wanted to have my picture taken with the track. :o

As I was about to leave 2 more trucks with 3 pieces pulled in:
By Davidtmp
Wow, your the first Coaster Geek to "touch" the new track. I hope you caressed it and told it how much you loved it, and couldn't wait to ride it! :lol:
Nice pics dude. The old flume area looks like it received a good amount of rain last night! But still, the concrete trucks say "Ride On!!"
By dailyshow
I took this one from the top of pipeline peak

The last words spoken before the death of numerous digital cameras near and far

Then the 2 maintenance guys that were looking over the track asked me if I wanted to have my picture taken with the track. :o

You’re currently deliberating about never washing you hands again aren’t you? Can't say I blame you

:wink: BTW the new site is off the hinges...way to jazz it up a bit gentlemen
By FUBAR
derek_lentz wrote:
JamminJ wrote:
bgwfreak wrote:I'm not sure how they got such close up pics earlier today, but I was out there earlier and security is back there now in that area.

I don't want to see anybody get themselves banned from the park, the coaster, etc.

Not much to add, but Carowinds Connection does not condone breaking ANY park rules or trespassing in any areas marked off.

I will start off my post by saying that I did ask permission, inside the park, to take these pictures before I started.
I decided to go down to the park today to see what I could see.

awesome that they let you go up to the track and even get your pic with it. very cool of the park to let that happen.
By bigjr872
ok so how long untill the whole track is there