General Carowinds discussion
By CodyDL
It looks like an old sign, you can see some ware on it.
I don't think it is related to 2012.
By Carowindsiscool
I don't know if this has any significance or not but I saw some small colored flags in the ground near the picnic pavillions next to Afterburn. They didn't really look like survey markers or anything but I hadn't noticed them before.
By IamtheIntimid8tor
I don't know about 2012, but I found out by accident that Carowinds may be getting Invertigo from California's Great America in 2013. Which makes sense, because that's where we got Nighthawk
By jsz1002
IamtheIntimid8tor wrote:I don't know about 2012, but I found out by accident that Carowinds may be getting Invertigo from California's Great America in 2013. Which makes sense, because that's where we got Nighthawk

I hope we don't get that. Another used coaster would be lame. I thought it was going to Dorney Park anyway.
By Picklesthedrummer
IamtheIntimid8tor wrote:I don't know about 2012, but I found out by accident that Carowinds may be getting Invertigo from California's Great America in 2013. Which makes sense, because that's where we got Nighthawk

Why would we get another boomerang coaster? Even if it's still inverted it would not make sense to have the same track layout as the Carolina Cobra.
By lanigan911
With the last 2 QR clues, it's almost a lock that it's a Windseeker.I'd be VERY surprised if it wasn't.
By chknwing
of course its a Windseeker. Cedar Fair was just given 3 more windseekers from Mondial.
By jsz1002
chknwing wrote:of course its a Windseeker. Cedar Fair was just given 3 more windseekers from Mondial.

So we get one, probably Kings Dominion...I wonder who else?
By hdmech
Honestly, if they wanted to make a windseeker.....i'd say just keep the theme that most of them already have! I rode both the one at KI and CP and they were both thoroughly enjoyable (what with the on board music and such). So if carowinds IS in fact planning to make a windseeker, then I think two things are needed to make it look like a good move

1. This ride already has a very nice theme (no wright bros.)

and 2. It does not fit at all well right next to intimidator and skytower (thrill zone or carolina showplace?)

Well, thats my two sense! Nine more days...exciting!!
By CodyDL
I am just putting my opinion out and say it is not a windseeker. They would not change the theme of it. Other rides deal with wind too... mostly all rides do.
By Picklesthedrummer
I don't think it is going next to Intimidator actually. A Write Brothers themed ride would fit well in the Carolina Boardwalk. Im not exactly sure where that would be though.