General Carowinds discussion
By chknwing
hmm "Fun Soars to New Heights" Could carowinds get the tallest Windseeker? Tallest ride in the southeast what? A Giant Frisbee would not fit that description or really any other flat ride.
By RollerBee
What about replacing Skytower with a windseeker? That's what Knotts was going to do originally.
By coasterbruh
chknwing, why are you being so "literal" with everything you are hearing. Just because the park says it wants to be the "cedar point" of the south doesn't mean it literally wants to make a carbon copy of the penisula and place it on the border. And soaring to new heights probably doesn't even remotely mean a taller version hell it could be a 200ft version for all we know. But it would be new heights for carowinds...
By chknwing
yeah because thats what I said. I said "dont be surprised". And allthough surrounding carowinds with water would be awesome, would virtually be impossible but I appreciate the lame attempt to try and tear down what I said.
By coasterbruh
calm down dude im not trying to tear anything down...im just trying to help you stop looking sooo...hummm...stupid.
By cwgator
Picklesthedrummer wrote:Im not sure about that. Carowinds was the first to have the main park and the water park under the same admission price. I dont think Carowinds would suddenly charge admission after being the first to make it the same. Plus Soak City is across the road from Knott's and not connected to the park.

Separating water parks seems to be a trend...for example Sea World Texas (San Antonio) is splitting their waterpark from SeaWorld to create an Aquatica next season. This seems to not be very popular with the patrons of that park. I don't think this would happen at Carowinds in the next few years, but don't rule it out in the not too distant future if they do indeed expand into the parking lot. Either way it makes no difference to me as I'm not into water parks like that.
By Picklesthedrummer
cwgator wrote: Either way it makes no difference to me as I'm not into water parks like that.

I am not into our water park either, but I like our water park because it takes so much of the attendance out of the main park resulting into walk ons on the weekdays.
By sgolick
Looks like its Stratosoar for Carowinds. Epic height with a flying theme. Much better than Windseeker.

Outstanding.
By billcollins531
RollerNut wrote:What about replacing Skytower with a windseeker? That's what Knotts was going to do originally.

From a traditional standpoint, Carowinds would never replace the Skytower with a Windseeker. It's been an icon of the park, heck even the state for over 30 years. However from a business standpoint, it would make sense to replace it with something that people actually want to ride. For the newbies to the park, it's a good way to see the park for the first time. But after the first time it's just a time waster to ride that when you could be taking laps on the Intimidator. In my opinion though, I'd hate to see the Skytower go.

"There is a Riddle that has all the clues Carowinds is using. Voiceless it cries,
Wingless it flutters,
Toothless bites,
Mouthless mutters.

What is it?
Wind.
100% Windseeker, everybody."
That was a dude from the facebook fanpage. It's pretty obvious it's going to be a Windseeker. I agree it would look terrible in the field by Intimidator; what's going there is still going to make me lose sleep...

It would really look great by the Hurler or Thunder Road, but it would fit into the Cyclone/boardwalk area best, because after all, wasn't Kitty Hawk near the ocean?
By Picklesthedrummer
sgolick wrote:Looks like its Stratosoar for Carowinds. Epic height with a flying theme. Much better than Windseeker.

Outstanding.

Can you get a video or some other link for this?
By Picklesthedrummer
billcollins531 wrote:because after all, wasn't Kitty Hawk near the ocean?

Yes they flew on the beach. I think you are right about it going into the Carolina Boardwalk section.
By coasterbruh
Picklesthedrummer wrote:
sgolick wrote:Looks like its Stratosoar for Carowinds. Epic height with a flying theme. Much better than Windseeker.

Outstanding.

Can you get a video or some other link for this?

Thats was the name cedar fair trade marked before they settled on windseeker...