General Carowinds discussion
By Jonathan
That is an awesome invitation. I think Cedar Fair deserves some major credit for doing what people on this board have been wanting for years and reconnecting with the original theme of the park.
By billcollins531
They're kicking Paramount's butt, but I guess that's not saying much... :lol: That invitation looks sweet.

Has anyone considered the thought that it may be a retheme of Nighthawk?
By chknwing
My niece works at carowinds, says she has heard rumors that Cedar Fair has plans for 3 rides for Carowinds. Whether its all for 2012 or not remains to be seen.
By Picklesthedrummer
chknwing wrote:My niece works at carowinds, says she has heard rumors that Cedar Fair has plans for 3 rides for Carowinds. Whether its all for 2012 or not remains to be seen.

I wouldnt hold your breath for all of them being in 2012 lol. It is possible that they have the next 2 or 3 years planned out.
By arby
There is so much they could do by theming the park towards things that people associate with the Carolinas. That invite is sweet, I wish I had received one to add to my collection. :lol:
By Picklesthedrummer
billcollins531 wrote:
Has anyone considered the thought that it may be a retheme of Nighthawk?

Again? I dont think that is what they plan on doing and I sure hope not. I want something new.
By chunkyskunk
I am still in agreement with most on here that the park will likely not get another coaster until 2013. We do need a flat ride more actually. Does seem like a lot of hype for a ride the chain already has several of. Anyone think there is some sort of possibility of a B&M Wing Coaster? That would definitely be flight related and new heights would mean new for the U.S. The down side to this idea would be that even though the thing would not be the size of our big boy from last year, construction would have already needed to be started. Also, no curious track that is unaccounted for that been spotted in Ohio that I am aware of. Also, even though the park has a relatively high coaster count for the size park it is Carowinds has not been know as the kind of park to recently bring in new coaster styles but instead, usually waits a few years. Just rambling basically.
By Picklesthedrummer
chunkyskunk wrote: Also, even though the park has a relatively high coaster count for the size park it is Carowinds has not been know as the kind of park to recently bring in new coaster styles but instead, usually waits a few years. .

Vortex was a relatively new type of coaster design when it was put in.

I wouldn't say just because Carowinds doesn't have a history of putting in new types means they wont. Main reason why is because Paramount owned them for a while during which a large chunk of our coasters were put in. When Paramount owned the park, Carowinds was not a priority in their chain. The new styles and something different would go to their former crown jewels Kings Island and Kings Dominion. A Wingrider would not be out of the question, but if that is the plan the latest they would have to start some sort of visible work would be in the next few weeks. My money is still on a Windseeker. Lets hope for a B&M Wingrider in 2013 though!
By carowinds4ever
This is a stretch - Maybe it will go where the bus parking / sky flyer is, and we cannot see any survey markings because we are never in that area. Like I said it is a STRETCH. I have not noticed anything when on hurler either though.
By billcollins531
I hate to be the webcam fanboy here, but is it possible for someone to go up in the Skytower and look around the borders of the park for construction? Or at least markings of some kind?
By Picklesthedrummer
I think it would be difficult to see markers from the Hurler or Skytower. I do have to agree that it is a stretch for a Wing Rider to be arriving at Carowinds next year, but I would not rule it out.
By RollerBee
Hmm, the 30th Anniversary was advertised in 2002, but then again this is the 12th SCarowinds but is advertised as SCarowinds XI(11). I doubt 40th season(2012) or 40th anniversary(2013) really means a major attraction.

1977-White Lightnin'
1978-No new ride

1982-Rapids
1983-Winterfest

1987-Balloons, Miniswings, Tube Shoot
1988-Whitewater Falls

1992-Vortex
1993-Days Of Thunder

1997-WaterWorks
1998-Taxi,Chopper,Cars

2002-Ricochet
2003-Reptar

2007-Frenzoid(returns)
2008-Wave pool, Yoyo
Last edited by RollerBee on August 10th, 2011, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Picklesthedrummer
RollerNut wrote: I doubt 35th season(2012) or 35th anniversary(2013) really means a major attraction.

2013 will be the 40th anniversary, 2008 was the 35th anniversary. I expect something big for 40th.