General Carowinds discussion
By billcollins531
RollerNut wrote:I doubt changing the trains on Thunder Road would help the ride. Now, I say this with a grain of salt: The GCI rebuild of Thunder Road from my experience hasn't made it any smoother, it made it rougher. However, my experience is based on only one ride on one day. I do know for a fact that seating, temperature, humidity and weather conditions have a Major effect o smoothness of woodies so I will hold my opinion of Thunder Road to the 2006 opinion until I get more rides in other conditions. Just to note, I was in the last car. However Hurler was riding great, the trim seemed to No effect at all, I normally ride in the front 3 cars. Hurler likes a wet cold day.

Hurler can give pretty good rides on certain days. Every once in a while I need a Hurler fix. You should definitely ride Thunder Road again, maybe in the middle section on a good-weather day. The new sections ride like butta... in the terms of a wooden roller coaster of course.
By Mr.Nitro
Carowinds will not get a giga in our lifetime, that's silly. What Carowinds could use is a decent (GCI) woody, or a dive machine like Griffon. Vortex should have been taken out in favor of one IMO.
By arby
JamminJ wrote:Some people taking that "Cedar Point of the South" a little too literally.

Yeah, that just means that they see a lot of potential in the park and will continue to invest in it and build on what is here. I don't think you can read into it much more than that.

I did also take it to mean that they will be building a resort on the property in the future.
By chunkyskunk
Agree totally with JamminJ and Arby's recent posts for sure. We are not going to have a large amount of water on three ends of the parks with Carowinds Blvd becoming a causeway. They do see huge potential and they are not going to leave us in the cold but that does not mean we are going to get all of the love. I am opposed to any coaster removal at all period. Vortex just needs some new trains like Vekoma did with Cobra. Looking from the Skytower yesterday, I think the best spot for a Windseeker would be back in the corner near the restrooms close to Cobra like someone has brought up before.
By jsz1002
chunkyskunk wrote:Agree totally with JamminJ and Arby's recent posts for sure. We are not going to have a large amount of water on three ends of the parks with Carowinds Blvd becoming a causeway. They do see huge potential and they are not going to leave us in the cold but that does not mean we are going to get all of the love. I am opposed to any coaster removal at all period. Vortex just needs some new trains like Vekoma did with Cobra. Looking from the Skytower yesterday, I think the best spot for a Windseeker would be back in the corner near the restrooms close to Cobra like someone has brought up before.

New trains will not make Vortex a good coaster. I don't particularly like removing coasters either, but if it will make way for better rides, why not ? It's too bad they are investing in Hurler, because nothing could make that coaster any better other than tearing it down.
By coasterdude
school starts tomorrow I went to carowinds to end the summer. while waiting in line for the Intimidator the train got stuck on top of a hill. i had a chance to talk with two ride operators about Aug. 24, while one of the ride operators was really secretive, the other told me that the new ride was indeed a windseeker attraction that will be placed next to the intimidator in the big field next to the station. :shock: :oops: :P
By iball
Soar to new highs obviously means wind seeker especially since the riddle's answer is wind. Now since they want to improve carowinds so much you never know, more than one ride can be added in one year, just look at magic mountain!
By hdmech
ok, so there is a pic on the facebook page of them setting up the stage for the announcement,

The structures look like it's in the shape of a plane....Is this an accident.

Iball: I agree, imma be surprised if it's not windseeker (unless its a huss gf)n :roll:
By iball
hdmech wrote:ok, so there is a pic on the facebook page of them setting up the stage for the announcement,

The structures look like it's in the shape of a plane....Is this an accident.

Iball: I agree, imma be surprised if it's not windseeker (unless its a huss gf)n :roll:

can we get a link please? and yea maybe windseeker and huss gf will be that last little anouncment but will have to see
By Carowindsman
well if thats the case, I will wait for 2013 then.

Edit only thing I am trying to figure out it says Tallest ride carowinds ever built. Must be a typo because SkyTower stand 320 feet per the website
By TrojanCamMan
Wow, Jackpot. . .

So looking at the images on the website, it will be somewhere behind the nighthawk, may it be county fair or the rfd.
By RollerBee
Well, I see the Intimidator field in the background.