General Carowinds discussion
By Picklesthedrummer
njf wrote:I heard a rumor that it was going to go under the bridge.

What is going under the bridge?
By chknwing
intimidator rider wrote:don't forget about the drainage problem beside Intimidator........

Easily fixed by big slab of concrete and new flat.
By Picklesthedrummer
CoasterDad wrote: As for coasters, management already alluded to the next BIG something coming for the 40th anniversary in 2014 -

Carowinds opened in 1973, so the 40th anniversary will be in 2013
By RRRAPIDS
intimidator rider wrote:Beside Thunder Road for a Windseeker

That is the only place I could see a windseeker going as well. But I don't think our park is on the list for a Windseeker.
From looking at the Windseeker seats from Cedar Point and Kings Island photos, I would be so speechless swinging up and out 300ft in the air.(scared as hell) :lol:
I would hate to see the diffrent ways Windseeker goes Down.( Breaks Down.) Imagine being stuck in the air on that machine? :oops: :lol: :x :?
By coasterbruh
Picklesthedrummer wrote:Not sure if this will be next year, but I know the next coaster will be a B&M floorless, most likely replacing the parking lot next to Thunder Road. I have talked to the GM of the park Bart :wink:

Really...what else did he say...

Since he is known for going up to random people and doing the "I gotta pee" dance chanting "guess what I just brought guess what I just brought!"...
By swampfox43
Picklesthedrummer wrote:
CoasterDad wrote: As for coasters, management already alluded to the next BIG something coming for the 40th anniversary in 2014 -

Carowinds opened in 1973, so the 40th anniversary will be in 2013

2012 will actually be the parks 40th season but parks don't typically count them the actual way.
By carowinds4ever
I hope the next flat ride will be something along the lines of a Zamperla Discovery 30 (max-air), if it is i would hope we would get the larger & taller model. Be nice to have a high capacity flat ride.
For the next coaster i am hoping for some type of launch. Only time will tell.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
I would also like a launch coaster,I highly doubt that would come next year though. We need a flight of fear or something similar, not a intamin launch. We were supposed to get the one at KD anyway so why not give us one... I wouldnt mind a floorless either, or even a floorless launch!
By hdmech
Flight of fear at carowinds would be extrodinary!But I dont particularily see it coming in 2012. Is anyone else kinda starting to think that nothing new would come next year?

But if any of the ideas I have seen on here already, the zamperla discovery 30 seems to rock!!! The chance morgan however.....doesnt seem to look quite so great, but I've never been on either so I might not be wrong!
By hdmech
Flight of fear at carowinds would be extrodinary!But I dont particularily see it coming in 2012. Is anyone else kinda starting to think that nothing new would come next year?

But if any of the ideas I have seen on here already, the zamperla discovery 30 seems to rock!!! The chance morgan however.....doesnt seem to look quite so great, but I've never been on either so I might not be wrong!
By chknwing
My sources tell me, carowinds wont get any new ride next year. Continue work on thunder road, new movie for action theater. Money is being conserved for the 40th anniversary when they will introduce the souths version of top thrill dragster.
By njf
Picklesthedrummer wrote:
njf wrote:I heard a rumor that it was going to go under the bridge.

What is going under the bridge?

I don't know! Whatever it is for 2012!
By Picklesthedrummer
chknwing wrote:My sources tell me, carowinds wont get any new ride next year. Continue work on thunder road, new movie for action theater. Money is being conserved for the 40th anniversary when they will introduce the souths version of top thrill dragster.

Hopefully your sources are right. I would gladly go through 2012 with no major improvement so we could have a "Top Thrill Dragster" I would doubt this though, but hey Kings Dominion fans doubted a Giga Coaster for 2010 expecting to get just a hyper or something. Look what they have now lol.
By arby
I'm pretty sure they'll have something new next year like chknwing said. At the very least it's good for them from a marketing perspective to promote 'new for 2012' even if it is just some more revamped shows, etc. Things that aren't budget killers.

I'm also fine waiting although I was kinda hoping for anther flat ride or two. Intimidator was worth the wait and we know they're going to continue to improve Carowinds.