General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
chknwing wrote:My sources tell me, carowinds wont get any new ride next year. Continue work on thunder road, new movie for action theater. Money is being conserved for the 40th anniversary when they will introduce the souths version of top thrill dragster.

praying your sources are wrong...just so I can keep quoting this lol...
By Picklesthedrummer
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote: I wouldnt mind a floorless either, or even a floorless launch!

Too bad B&M hates launch coasters. They even contracted another company for their only launch coaster (The Hulk) Floorless would be a great addition to the park.
By Picklesthedrummer
Contracted another company for the launch section, B&M did the rest of the coaster obviously.
By Picklesthedrummer
coasterdave wrote:The company that did the Launch for the Hulk was Premier Rides if I am not mistaken.

I am pretty sure that is correct. I have heard that before but don't see proof. It would make sense since almost all their coasters are launch coasters.
By coasterbruh
...Intamin...
By Picklesthedrummer
As long as a Maverick type coaster didnt have those restraints like Maverick. Those hurt my neck. Unlikely that they would be different though. I would personally like to see another B&M coaster in the park.
By coasterbruh
I dont wanna see a maverick type, I dont wanna see any type! I wanna see a unique coaster...or even a zac spin! But who are we kidding chances are there will be a new flume or water park expansion...
By RiDeWaRrIoR
How do you know B&M contracted someone to do the launch on hulk? I dont see that listed anywhere..hmmm... I guess that could make sense, except I have never seen a premier rides coaster that uses the tires as a launch system.... although there may be some of course that I just dont know of. Oh well... I would love to see a launch coaster as long as its not intamin, but i guess anything new will be fine.
By Picklesthedrummer
coasterbruh wrote: But who are we kidding chances are there will be a new flume or water park expansion...

Yeah I think you are right. 2012 will not be the year for a new coaster. I think that is coming for 2013 for Carowinds' 40th birthday.
By billcollins531
Personally I don't see anything but minor water park additions coming, maybe some shows here and there. If we were to see anything new in the near future I'd imagine it would be a flat ride, probably a Windseeker. I vote it to replace the swamp they call a putt-putt course. :D

As for coasters, y'all seem to be thinking pretty big with Intamin's and things like that. Where would Carowinds fit something like that?
By Picklesthedrummer
="billcollins531" Where would Carowinds fit something like that?

Take out the parking lot next to Thunder Road, then all the other wooded area. Plenty of room for a good sized coaster, especially if it zig zagged a lot.
By coasterfreak
billcollins531 wrote:As for coasters, y'all seem to be thinking pretty big with Intamin's and things like that. Where would Carowinds fit something like that?

Last year at Coasterstock, they (the higher-up's) said that the park owns quite a bit of the surrounding land that's not even in use. Also, they claimed that Intimidator was just a small portion in what's coming in the next couple years. They said they're gonna turn the park into the "Cedar Point of the South." More of a Disney type resort like E. Pat Hall had wanted. :D