General Carowinds discussion
By coasterdude
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D : :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: : :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :D :D :D :D Here is the first real public testing video for Windseeker at Carowinds.

[youtube]5ThN_f2Hh8g[/youtube]
By tylerSC
They are talking in the video about the wind blowing the seats around a bit, and I know they had a few incidents of seats bumping at Cedar Point. But more wind up there ... And they will be having media day on Friday, and Channel 96.1 will be doing a live remote during Ace and TJ. I will be watching Charlotte TV news stations for coverage. (I have attic antenna for reception here in Greenville, SC).
By Picklesthedrummer
A friend of mine's friend road Windseeker today. Feedback from her was that is a great ride and very well done. Also saw a picture of all the people riding Windseeker and Intimidator looks so small in the background lol. Can't wait to try it out myself!!
By montumax
The construction tour will happen as soon as I get to the park tomorrow. I'll give ya a guided tour that you won't forget.
By Picklesthedrummer
hdmech wrote:It looks like it's going to rain tomorrow.........in true carowinds opening day tradition.......again

What are you talking about? There is only a 20% chance of rain tomorrow.
By KDCOASTERFAN
tylerSC wrote:They are talking in the video about the wind blowing the seats around a bit, and I know they had a few incidents of seats bumping at Cedar Point. But more wind up there ... And they will be having media day on Friday, and Channel 96.1 will be doing a live remote during Ace and TJ. I will be watching Charlotte TV news stations for coverage. (I have attic antenna for reception here in Greenville, SC).

Same thing appeared to happen in the POV of KD's windseeker during a test run....I wonder if they installed the dampers yet?
By jeffdavis
I got my first ride on Windseeker this afternoon. Loved it. Just as I expected, smooth and comfortable. I haven't ridden any of the other Windseekers.

When I rode, due to wind, the crews were only loading half the seats, leaving every other row empty. When I left the park at 3:00 they were loading all rows.

This was a nice addition to the park. It won't win any thrill/excitement awards, but it is nice to have something different.
By KDCOASTERFAN
jeffdavis wrote:I got my first ride on Windseeker this afternoon. Loved it. Just as I expected, smooth and comfortable. I haven't ridden any of the other Windseekers.

When I rode, due to wind, the crews were only loading half the seats, leaving every other row empty. When I left the park at 3:00 they were loading all rows.

This was a nice addition to the park. It won't win any thrill/excitement awards, but it is nice to have something different.

What's the overall fear factor on this?I'll be riding KD's in a week &am interested to know.

Fromthe looks of it the RPM's are pretty high asweeldriving up the nausea factor a bit,I get kinda queasy on rides like the pirates flight at SFA but can handle a wave swinger just fine.
By KDCOASTERFAN
jeffdavis wrote:I got my first ride on Windseeker this afternoon. Loved it. Just as I expected, smooth and comfortable. I haven't ridden any of the other Windseekers.

What's the overall fear factor on this?I'll be riding KD's in a week &am interested to know.

Fromthe looks of it the RPM's are pretty high asweeldriving up the nausea factor a bit,I get kinda queasy on rides like the pirates flight at SFA but can handle a wave swinger just fine.
By Picklesthedrummer
What I have to say about Windseeker is that I loved it!!! Everything from the height, the phenomenal soundtrack, the lights on at night, and of course the view. The wait was never long for Windseeker. Of the three times I road it, the longest I waited was 20 minutes. The soundtrack chosen was one of the most enjoyable things about Windseeker. All of the songs chosen were very well fitting in the the theme while soaring high above Carowinds. As for me it is the 3rd favorite ride in the park, after Intimidator and Afterburn. Overall a great addition to the park.