General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:How do you know B&M contracted someone to do the launch on hulk? I dont see that listed anywhere..hmmm... I guess that could make sense, except I have never seen a premier rides coaster that uses the tires as a launch system.... although there may be some of course that I just dont know of. Oh well... I would love to see a launch coaster as long as its not intamin, but i guess anything new will be fine.

Universal actually contracted premier to supply the launch mechanism. Just because you dont know how to find out that info doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I would first start with the video showcasing making island of adventure where they talk about the launch.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
^^ Yea I dont know where to find it haha. I wasnt saying it wasnt true its just awkward that they would use a competitor to make the launch, but I guess it makes sense if that is what they specialize in. I just thought it was a B&M one of a kind creation that maybe they didnt really like to work with or something. I dont know. I have seen a behind the scense of the coaster on TV where they showed all of the computers that work the launch but they never mentioned anything about premier. I guess its good to know that the companies do work together and it likely happens a lot more than I know :lol: Thanks for the info, I like learning new things.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
haha looks like our friends on TPR have discussed this before...http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... &t=58522... Still is a very interesting fact, and good to know haha. Anyways, back on topic for 2012 carowinds coaster...

If Carowinds ever did get a new coaster I sitll do believe that it would be in the parking lot beside T-Road. I could see that entrance being moved around and the whole section of the parking lot becoming part of the park. I agree that next year will likely be a flat, or water ride. Our waterpark is in the need for a new slide or two, but I dont know where they would fit? I guess take out the putt-putt like someone mentioned and at least expand there. Not sure. I would really like to see more theming only because after seeing KD and dollywood, carowinds needs a lot of work in that department haha. I think carowinds isnt really a big on theming though for whatever reason. I will still be happy with whatever we do get.
By arby
As long as a Maverick type coaster didnt have those restraints like Maverick. Those hurt my neck. Unlikely that they would be different though.

You can say that again. Those restraints really ruin the ride.
By RRRAPIDS
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:haha looks like our friends on TPR have discussed this before...http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... &t=58522... Still is a very interesting fact, and good to know haha. Anyways, back on topic for 2012 carowinds coaster...

If Carowinds ever did get a new coaster I sitll do believe that it would be in the parking lot beside T-Road. I could see that entrance being moved around and the whole section of the parking lot becoming part of the park. I agree that next year will likely be a flat, or water ride. Our waterpark is in the need for a new slide or two, but I dont know where they would fit? I guess take out the putt-putt like someone mentioned and at least expand there. Not sure. I would really like to see more theming only because after seeing KD and dollywood, carowinds needs a lot of work in that department haha. I think carowinds isnt really a big on theming though for whatever reason. I will still be happy with whatever we do get.

I agree. Also, there is no need remove anymore coasters. There is also room behind the Hurler/Drop Tower as well.
By Picklesthedrummer
coasterfreak wrote:
Last year at Coasterstock, they (the higher-up's) said that the park owns quite a bit of the surrounding land that's not even in use. Also, they claimed that Intimidator was just a small portion in what's coming in the next couple years. They said they're gonna turn the park into the "Cedar Point of the South." More of a Disney type resort like E. Pat Hall had wanted. :D

That is great to hear. Carowinds is personally my 3rd favorite park (1 Disneyland, 2 Kings Island, 3 Carowinds, 4 Cedar Point) Keeps things exciting to see what they have in store for the next several years in the park.
By chunkyskunk
Hey everyone. Been ages for me on here. Just reading through the latest in this thread. Did not search to see if this topic has been brought up before so sorry if I am repeating this idea. What is your thoughts on the park possibly getting something from Freestyle Music Park if it comes to the park selling their rides off? Seems like if it happens it might be in the 2012 to 2013 range maybe. Just curious?
By Picklesthedrummer
I think it's a possibility, but not very likely. I think Carowinds is going to get a new coaster, not a used one.
By coasterbruh
Well, the last 2 out of 3 coasters were used. And The park could use a cobra roll...
By Picklesthedrummer
I just see Carowinds spending their money on a new coaster.
By CoasterKat
If they take out the golf course, they could put in a wave rider type ride. Where it looks like a half pipe and at the bottom water splashes you as you go from side to side. I saw it on a website someone posted.... that would be cool but the lines will probably be terrible considering the ride capacity
By coasterbruh
Picklesthedrummer wrote:I just see Carowinds spending their money on a new coaster.

I mean...based on the total success of HRP how many people would actually know it is a used coaster?
By Picklesthedrummer
Hahaha that is a good point.
By Edwardo
I hope they get some flats and a waterpark upgrade for the next couple of years before getting a new coaster. We need some actual thrill rides and a decent water park. Having said that, I hope the next 2 coasters include some type of unique wooden coaster (I don't care what company) and a launcher. Those are the 2 types I think Carowinds is lacking.
By hdmech
Here is what I have heard. I have seen that since carowinds is so close to the airport, that carowinds is ristricted to the height of the rides that they can have up there... although I am hearing this only on rumor, it sounds......interesting