General Carowinds discussion
By CodyDL
The smaller one is too close to Planet Snoopy. But the other spot is perfect!
By Picklesthedrummer
I think the area in front of Vortex would be a possible location. Say goodbye to Cemetery for Scarowinds if it does go there.
By CodyDL
Picklesthedrummer wrote:I think the area in front of Vortex would be a possible location. Say goodbye to Cemetery for Scarowinds if it does go there.

That doesn't mean they wouldn't put it in another place there are plenty more places Cemetery could go.
By Picklesthedrummer
Yeah you're right it could go in other locations. Can't think of any off the top of my head that would work though.
By coasterbruh
Man...I really hope its not a windseeker to to prove some of you experts wrong...
By Jonathan
That plaza in front of Vortex was the first thing that came to mind for me as well.
By CodyDL
If it is a Windseeker (which it's not :roll:) that will be so lame. From the other parks people say it's not thrilling it is just a peaceful ride in the sky. We need more thrill!
By Carowindsiscool
^Yeah I went on the one at Cedar Point and it was just a nice peaceful ride to escape the heat. I could see how it might be 'thrilling' for people who are afraid of heights but other than that there was no real thrill to it. It was almost nauseating because of the speed it was spinning. I would have preferred it to go a little slower so it could be enjoyed better as a family ride instead of a thrill ride.
By Double_a
Like I said earlier, I don't want a Windseeker. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone there either. Can any one make a strong argument that can prove we WONT be getting one?
By chknwing
I've been on the one at Cedar Fair, an no its not a thrill ride but its not bad either. Windseeker may not be your cup of tea, but any addition to Carowinds is welcomed even if to thin out lines on other rides. Also I welcome the lighting of Windseeker as Carowinds lacks in that department. Personally I would prefer a Maxair type ride because its just an awesome ride but I'm not going to be disappointed regardless what Carowinds announces.
By Picklesthedrummer
^ I agree that I would prefer a Huss GF over a Windseeker. However I would not be too bummed out if we got a Windseeker. I will gladly welcome it into our park if we get one.
By arby
I think we should get a windseeker and put it in the area of vortex/ricochet/etc. They should also put a huss GW in the grassy area in front of Intimidator. I found a couple of used ones GW for sale on the Internet. :lol:

Seriously, though, as has been mentioned numerous times before on this board, the park would really benefit from some more flat rides, so any ride like that will be a benefit. The idea of a windseeker themed to the Wright Brothers seems a little strange to me, but it's certainly a possibility. It would be a great benefit to the Carowinds skyline.

While I'm hoping for two rides, the wording of the response of the future Cedar Fair president in the Charlotte Business Journal pretty much burst my bubble on that. (I've always been a dreamer)
By Wolf
FINAL OPINION:

70% Chance of Windseeker (QR code riddle answer is "Wind")
25% Chance of Huss Giant Frisbee
5% Chance of some kind of surprise that NOBODY is expecting

Wouldn't mind a Windseeker, but I would prefer a Huss Giant Frisbee.

That pretty much sums up this whole thread.
By Wormy
If you haven't noticed already, take a look at the very bottom of the sign...