General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
The Coaster Critic wrote:If you're heading south on 77, just past Uptown there was a billboard that Carowinds was using to advertise Snoopy Starlight. Now that it's over for the season, all the billboard has is FURY is large steel-themed letters with a black background. Does anyone know what that could refer to? It seems like a really odd advertisement for a company. There's literally nothing else on the billboard. No phone number, web address, tagline, nothing. Just FURY. I Googled "charlotte fury" and the top results were about the local dragon boat racing team.

Anyone know anything? Could this be a teaser for the new ride? It doesn't have a wind or Wright Brothers look at all. By the way here's a link to the announcement invite with more of the 'first flight'/Wright Brothers references:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 587&type=1

maybe a broke sign? It is digital...
By RollerBee
You know it is amazeing scary what you find on county's website that is public record.
By TrojanCamMan
I also noticed the billboard going northbound on I-77 right past the stadium, that used to advertise the Spectacular now also says just "FURY." That is it.
By coasterbruh
RollerNut wrote:You know it is amazeing scary what you find on county's website that is public record.

what did you find...
By billcollins531
coasterbruh wrote:maybe a broke sign? It is digital...

There's another one heading south on I-85 from Concord Mills that's not digital, with just the words Fury.

The graphics of the sign do NOT tie in to the theme that Carowinds is hinting at though. It was a dark sign with the words Fury using a futuristic-ish texture like this:http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/81255/81255,1266578022,1/stock-photo-metal-net-monochromatic-texture-background-46986517.jpg

I think this is for something entirely different, like a play coming into town or something.
By RollerBee
coasterbruh wrote:
RollerNut wrote:You know it is amazeing scary what you find on county's website that is public record.

what did you find...

A building permit for a maze with the word fury in the title.
By Wolf
Nice find.
Last edited by Wolf on August 19th, 2011, 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By coasterbruh
RollerNut wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:

what did you find...

A building permit for a maze with the word fury in the title.

LOL thats right roller shut them down now before it makes it to screamscape lol...
By Wormy
Two examples of nothing new in this short-lived teaser. Next time, hire my ad agency.

By Snoopy Boutique.

By Cobra.

But at least we now have this!
By Picklesthedrummer
This seems like the 2012 announcement is going to big. bigger than I thought it was going to be for sure.
By chunkyskunk
A B&M Wing Coaster with a 'drop' into the water that is like 'plopping' into the splash down. Dang, if we did not just have a major coaster recently, that does almost sound believable considering all of the clues. Despite that and bringing this up twice now, I still do not really believe that is what we are getting for the several reasons already mentioned. Maybe a Screamin' Swing? For some odd reason, when I see one it reminds me of a spatula turning and plopping down a burger on the grill.
By hdmech
So plop and drop is FOR SURE part of the ads for the 2012 announcement? Sorry, it's just that that looks like what advertises games played in the park.
By Wormy
It's just a dunking booth, and a metaphor which seems to be going over some heads.