General Carowinds discussion
By coasterfreak
All I can say is. wow! Windseeker really exceeded all my expectations. It's a very relaxing yet exciting experience. The soundtrack just really topped it all off. And I still can't get over the amazing LED light display! No doubt a new favorite.
Also thanks to Bryn for letting WBTV interview me about the ride! Had a blast with that!
By Wormy
Yawn, but maybe that's because I'm up late. To be of help - if you're afraid of heights, it won't terrify you. You're solidly locked in, and no one screams. It's that unexciting. It sucks the wind out of lines for better rides.

It's not bad. It's not great. It's not unique. It's OK. A well constructed flat. A sound, if somewhat boring corporate decision. It's the Skytower without windows and use for cameras. It's just ... there. Pretty though.
By RollerBee
Well, it looks pretty. I got to do the walk of shame instead of riding so will have to wait for the day they can lock the lapbar before I get to ride. Had the same problem on Intimidator, atleast I have rode it before.
By Picklesthedrummer
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
What's the overall fear factor on this?I'll be riding KD's in a week &am interested to know.

Fromthe looks of it the RPM's are pretty high asweeldriving up the nausea factor a bit,I get kinda queasy on rides like the pirates flight at SFA but can handle a wave swinger just fine.

If you have a fear of heights, you will most likely be terrified the first time you ride it. My friend who I road with yesterday has that fear, and it took him several rides to be able to fully enjoy it. He still ended up loving the ride just like I did. I don't think you will get sick on this. However if you do start to feel queezy, concentrate on the seat in front of you. Also, I looked for dampers on Windseeker yesterday, and there were none to be found. Looks just like the original Windseekers did before they added all the dampers. Makes me wonder why ours and Kings Dominion's Windseekers $1.5 million more.
By BoociferPatch
I had a chance to go out and ride WindSeeker today. I think it is a very fun flat ride with a great view of the park. I enjoyed the audio and cannot wait to see what it looks like at night. I think families are really going to enjoy this ride and I think it's a good addition to the park.
By pproteinc
So I got to ride windseeker 3 times on opening day once in the morning which was great and twice at night which was awesome with the LED display, despite me freezing nearly to death at top because I was still damp from white waterfall. All in all it's a cool relaxing ride after you've done all the coasters and wild rides and want to calm down windseeker is the ride. Only hope the LED display has more colors than carowinds' famous color scheme of red, white, and blue ugh
By Picklesthedrummer
pproteinc wrote: Only hope the LED display has more colors than carowinds' famous color scheme of red, white, and blue ugh

I don't think the other Windseekers had different colors.
By Picklesthedrummer
^It's a great view. As for the wind, it is windy up at 301 feet. Although for the most part, the chairs are not going all over the place because of the wind.
By pproteinc
Picklesthedrummer wrote:
pproteinc wrote: Only hope the LED display has more colors than carowinds' famous color scheme of red, white, and blue ugh

Yes they all are sporting a spectrum of colors, but all I've seen is red, white, and blue at carwoinds -__-. Just look on youtube
By KDCOASTERFAN
pproteinc wrote:
Picklesthedrummer wrote:

Yes they all are sporting a spectrum of colors, but all I've seen is red, white, and blue at carwoinds -__-. Just look on youtube

The LED's on carowinds' model should have the same "spiral" effect that we saw on the first 4 versions that opened last year but the colors are only red/white/blue.
By arby
This toad is standing where there used to be water. He's not sure what happened to his water...

IMG_1932_edit.jpg
IMG_1932_edit.jpg (881.89 KiB) Viewed 4569 times
By Wormy
AMartin777 wrote:A Haiku for Windseeker:

Wheel goes round and round
Wheel goes up and down, but why?
Wheel doesn't do much.
arby wrote:This toad is standing where there used to be water. He's not sure what happened to his water...

IMG_1932_edit.jpg

Best posts all year. :lol:
By Wormy
AMartin777 wrote:A Haiku for Windseeker:

Wheel goes round and round
Wheel goes up and down, but why?
Wheel doesn't do much.

Best posts all year. :lol: