General Carowinds discussion
By drpeppuh93
I definitely like the name Windseeker a lot better that Stratasoar. Stratasoar just makes me think of a dinosaur...
Plus when I hear "strata", i think 400 ft... and i SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY doubt they would even consider making it that tall.
By arby
billcollins531 wrote:because after all, wasn't Kitty Hawk near the ocean?

Kitty Hawk is still by the ocean. If you ever go there to visit, you'll learn that they actually flew from Kill Devil Hills, but sent their correspondence from the nearest post office, located in Kitty Hawk, which has been a source of confusion over the years.

While that has nothing to do with the new ride, I just thought I'd mention that little tidbit of info that I have learned.

arby
aka Cliff Clavin
By daniel
if their going to keep the observation tower then its to close their put it some wear else hope they keep the tower like knotts.Knotts windseeker looks small compaid to others i gues city ordancees
By RollerBee
Nice view of the parking lot, not sure it would fit.
By coasterbruh
C'mon guys...I dont think it really matters where it goes as far as views. You can see little ole 232ft intimidator from virtually everywhere in the park. I even saw it when riding boo hill :lol: ! Its not like carowinds isn't really in the middle of nowhere in the first place lol...
By goldsteh
My guess is Windseeker where the swings are currently and an S and S swing in the Intimadator field. 2 new flat rides. Just my two cents.
By rctdcifreak
I would just like to point out that to me it would seem as if the survey markers are nothing short of just a joke. I would like to point out that if you go to Screamscape and look at the picture of one of the survey markers it reads and I quote "HUSS G/F " and in tiny letters just above the grass "Plz". Put it together you get "HUSS G/F Plz" or for those of you technologically challenged "HUSS Giant Frisbee Please?" . And as it was cleverly placed in the field next to Intimidator (which is the site many of you have stated would be prefect for one) and most cleverly appeared the day of and then mysteriously vanished the day after an event specifically targeted to our sort of audience (and being the home park for most thus almost guaranteeing your presence) was an easy way to show their appreciation to their loyal fans. As to what we will get we will just have to wait and see but at least....

Lesson we learned today:

THEY READ THE BOARDS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Picklesthedrummer
chknwing wrote:Best place for windseeker imo is where yo yo is currently

A nice location for it, but I dont think the foundation for the ride would be big enough there.
By Mr.Nitro
I think the best place for the windseeker would either be where the bumper cars are, or where that fountain is in front of Vortex with a bunch of nothing around it. Or honestly relocate the Scrambler. That would be a fantastic spot although I know traditionalists would object.
By arby
I still don't see a windseeker relating to the Wright Brother's clue. I keep thinking it must be some kind of flyer ride. Recent clues keep showing the Wright Flyer. Maybe something like a Chance Morgan Aviator?

http://www.chancemorgan.com/thrillrides3.html

Has anybody noticed new clues around the park?
By chknwing
I dunno, it seems to be alot of effort with this First in Flight theme just to unveil something they have done at multiple parks already. What else is there that would simulate the feel of "flying"