General Carowinds discussion
By KDCOASTERFAN
Picklesthedrummer wrote:^It's a great view. As for the wind, it is windy up at 301 feet. Although for the most part, the chairs are not going all over the place because of the wind.

Having ridden KD's windseeker today I can vouch for this,it was kinda breezy up there but the seats didn't move all that much due to the dampers on the ride & the 45 degree angle can surely be noticed...especially on the outer seats.

The height of the ride isn't all that scary like I had expected it to be & I sure had a bit of fear going into the queue at first.My only complaint is that once at the top the cycle isn't all that long but the on-board audio is certainly good....now if only I can get a night ride in on it as I'd love to see the lighting package really do it's thing.
By jasonondropzone
I've only rode the KI version of Windseeker, but they're all the same, 301 feet, same color scheme, and I for one didn't care to much for it, it was a great sight of the outer banks of Cincinnati and of Mason. If you don't like the feeling of slipping out of a chair, especially 301 feet in the air, I don't recommend sitting on the inside as for me it felt as if I kept slipping out when it started swinging outwards. I've never been to Carowinds and I also wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jason, 13, 7th grade, coaster enthusiast! w00t. Going to Carowinds April 21 with my chorus group! so pumped :3
By Picklesthedrummer
Although all of the Windseekers themselves are the same, from what I heard Carowinds has the best ride experience. It is the tallest thing in the park, nothing is taller than you like at Cedar Point. The location of being in the center of the park adds to it as well from what I hear, unlike KI's being in the back of the park. Also it is really nice to see downtown Charlotte off in the distance, especially at night. By the way, welcome to Carowinds Connection! Hope you have a great time on your upcoming trip.
By Jetp
arby wrote:This toad is standing where there used to be water. He's not sure what happened to his water...

IMG_1932_edit.jpg

He really doesn't look happy. Probably not a toad you want to kiss. :lol:
By jay71400
jasonondropzone wrote:I've only rode the KI version of Windseeker, but they're all the same, 301 feet, same color scheme, and I for one didn't care to much for it, it was a great sight of the outer banks of Cincinnati and of Mason. If you don't like the feeling of slipping out of a chair, especially 301 feet in the air, I don't recommend sitting on the inside as for me it felt as if I kept slipping out when it started swinging outwards. I've never been to Carowinds and I also wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jason, 13, 7th grade, coaster enthusiast! w00t. Going to Carowinds April 21 with my chorus group! so pumped :3

the only diffrent windseeker is knotts berry farm but the only diffrence is the color scheme.
By Picklesthedrummer
Remember part of what makes each Windseeker unique is the area it is in the park, and what surrounds the park. Downtown Charlotte looks really nice at night from the top of ours.
By KDCOASTERFAN
Got in a night ride on KD's saturday & the lights were pretty good changing from the red,white,blue to more of a yellow/blue & green pattern during the cycle....was freezing up there though thanks to the rain we had in the afternoon which cooled things down to the mid 60's at ground level.