General Carowinds discussion
By pproteinc
True, but in a way typically a planter it fountain is placed to break up traffic. In the situation, because the stage is there, it didn't work because once Ignite the Nite started everyone would stop dead in the middle of traffic to dance and do the Cha Cha, wobble and whatever dance music there playing clogging up the area. When there isn't a show the traffic flow was fine.

If they were to put a fountain there, that stage would need to be moved elsewhere so flow of traffic is not stunted by shows. It's almost like 8pm is rush hour at the front of the park.

My hope was with the relocation of Panda Express was to move the stage to the grass area in front of Intimidator and do a smaller version of luminosity a setup bleachers across the way with plenty of room for traffic to continue on the midway just like how CP's is setup, but then the Catawba Creek stage on the patio of Harmony Hall would be disrupted. So I scrapped that idea.
By tarheel1231
Going over google maps, I realized that Scrambler takes up a fairly large pad considering its size. So my wish is this:
Move Scrambler to the grassy area in the County Fair, rename it Kaleidoscope, paint it blue, and give it a new light package. It's fairly similar to Do-Si-Do but Scramblers are a County Fair staple, so why not?

In Scrambler's place, I would relocate Woodstock Gliders and re-theme them to the Wright Brothers and name it "Wright Flight."
By formeryogi
Scambler:

In the quest for more "family" rides, I would buy a second scrambler (like Disney did with Dumbo) to double capacity. Then I would cover them with one of those permanent tent buildings and trick the interior out with a sound system and flashing lights. Imagine being on the scrambler in a dark/air conditioned building with strobe effects and other lighting. A classic ride with a modern twist.
By gabed
I cast my vote to Tarheel's idea.
By CarowindsFan
formeryogi wrote:Scambler:

In the quest for more "family" rides, I would buy a second scrambler (like Disney did with Dumbo) to double capacity. Then I would cover them with one of those permanent tent buildings and trick the interior out with a sound system and flashing lights. Imagine being on the scrambler in a dark/air conditioned building with strobe effects and other lighting. A classic ride with a modern twist.

There was this very thing at the Myrtle Beach Pavilion in '88. It had good music, strobes, lasers, fog and air conditioning. It was awesome.
By CCookieMonster
Going over google maps, I realized that Scrambler takes up a fairly large pad considering its size. So my wish is this:
Carowinds County Fair [EDIT].jpg
Move Scrambler to the grassy area in the County Fair, rename it Kaleidoscope, paint it blue, and give it a new light package. It's fairly similar to Do-Si-Do but Scramblers are a County Fair staple, so why not?

In Scrambler's place, I would relocate Woodstock Gliders and re-theme them to the Wright Brothers and name it "Wright Flight."
2017-08-09.png

I like your idea tarheel. :thumbup:
By tarheel1231
Thanks! Had an idea just now but I'm too lazy to make concept art atm. Move Peanuts Pirates to Yo Yo's spot, rename that The Flying Dutchman. Build a Disk-O-Coaster in Thunder Road's station plot, name it The Surfer and rename Southern Star to the Frenzoid. Then you got a decent ride collection for a Boardwalk section in Crossroads that pays homage to the park's history.
By cadi40
Is anyone worried that other parks are getting cool new coasters that might be better then Fury 325? Fury 325 is one of the only reasons people travel to Carowinds instead of Locals just going to the park
By cwgator
No.
The only one that would likely beat it is Steel Vengeance. CP is CP...there's no changing that. They would have a huge season if they had gotten Knott's Boomerang...lol
By tarheel1231
cadi40 wrote:Is anyone worried that other parks are getting cool new coasters that might be better then Fury 325? Fury 325 is one of the only reasons people travel to Carowinds instead of Locals just going to the park

Fury still has insane marketability, nothing anyone announced yesterday is going to affect Carowinds.
By arby
What is important to consider is keeping people coming back. All the continuing improvements is really helping in that regards and as TarHeel1231 mentioned, Fury 325 is still very marketable.
By redrunner97
I'm moving my newest wish list item from the 2019 speculation thread to where it belongs :arrow: :

Bring back the HILLBILLY JALOPIES in style—and what better place than right next to the relocated classic Carousel, in Vortex's spot (or its original location, the former site of Whitewater Falls)!

If Kings Island is really going to get theirs back soon, why not Carowinds too? Whatever manufacturer they're *maybe* working with should sign two contracts instead of one! :D
Last edited by redrunner97 on August 18th, 2017, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gabed
cadi40 wrote:Is anyone worried that other parks are getting cool new coasters that might be better then Fury 325? Fury 325 is one of the only reasons people travel to Carowinds instead of Locals just going to the park

If enthusiasts will travel to Nowheresville, Indiana to ride the Voyage then people will still come out to ride Fury. The only thing I see these announcements affecting are Platinum Pass sales, which will likely skyrocket.
By dabrian
Well since this is a wishlist thread...
Whenever DA gets the ax I would like the latest greatest RMC on that side of the park. In the past something like this for Carowinds wasn't a realistic possibly but with Fury 325 and the countless upgrades over the last several years anything is possible.