General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
fishels wrote:It’s always really interesting to see a old thread get revived and see what people were saying and thinking 6 years ago.

Looks like CF will atleast be changing something in the area, exciting!

And that is why it is good to keep a thread going to see the progression vs keep starting new one after new one for the same topic :thumbup:
I have a feeling that Carowinds will keep rapids. It just need some TLC and like mentioned before in this thread, a much better and more efficient loading process. Remember this ride was built in 1982, or sometime around there. They haven’t done any drastic changes with it after the first couple years, to me I say it’s about time they should fix rapids up, and hopefully not remove it.
By Cameron
Not a fan of it but if it's been decided to refurb it I'd like it to be a whole new themed area and run along the perimeter and use space in the middle for some shops, restaurant and maybe a dark or flat ride.

Better use of the space honestly.

PIRATE ISLAND????
Attachments
By Cameron
A show inside the restaurant.

Nice little outdoor bar somewhere.

Third photo could be the walls around the Rapids.

Add a dark ride obviously called blackboards revenge or name the rapids that.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.
Attachments
By uscbandfan
Cameron wrote:Not a fan of it but if it's been decided to refurb it I'd like it to be a whole new themed area and run along the perimeter and use space in the middle for some shops, restaurant and maybe a dark or flat ride.

Better use of the space honestly.

PIRATE ISLAND????

Well... if they're going to keep the Paladium (which it looks like they will for the immediate future), they still need that access road for the semi trucks to be able to bring in the stage and A/V equipment so, you couldn't have the water path go directly behind the Paladium.

For example, It takes many trailers of equipment to bring in all the necessaries for half-dozen or more bands for Christian Music Day. That event is still huge so it may be cost beneficial to keep the Paladium just for that.

By RollerBee
Y’all know if Carowinds is going redo that much of Rapids, they would just remove the whole ride and replace it with something else right.
By coasterbruh
I wouldn't even consider that a redo as it use none of the original layout. That's a totally brand new ride and I wouldn't think they would put a new one there with the dinos area would probably be a better fit, especially thematic wise, for it.
Carowinds wouldn’t completely redo the rapids if they already have a layout, they’d just have to tweak it if they want a new loading process. The elevation from the start to the end of the ride drops drastically.