General Carowinds discussion
By chknwing
swampfox43 wrote:Thunder Road had more track work done and is nearly perfect until the last 2 hills before the brake-run, which are rather rough. Not sure why they don't complete the entire rehab in one season as opposed to spreading it out over 4-5 seasons.

Thunder Roads rehab is complete.

per Screamscape

Park News - (3/29/13) A few quick notes I obtained while talking to Carowinds officials earlier today. For starters, wish Carowinds a happy 40th Aniversarry this season. You will be glad to know that the rehab on Thunder Road was completed on time and the coaster will open with the rest of the park. This also parks the end of the 5 year rehab plan for the ride, as they have now rebuild all of the ride's track and structure as needed.
By swampfox43
chknwing wrote:
swampfox43 wrote:Thunder Road had more track work done and is nearly perfect until the last 2 hills before the brake-run, which are rather rough. Not sure why they don't complete the entire rehab in one season as opposed to spreading it out over 4-5 seasons.

Thunder Roads rehab is complete.

per Screamscape

Park News - (3/29/13) A few quick notes I obtained while talking to Carowinds officials earlier today. For starters, wish Carowinds a happy 40th Aniversarry this season. You will be glad to know that the rehab on Thunder Road was completed on time and the coaster will open with the rest of the park. This also parks the end of the 5 year rehab plan for the ride, as they have now rebuild all of the ride's track and structure as needed.

That's too bad then. The final 2 hills are jack-hammer rough on the parking lot side. We did not ride the other side closest to the water park. The out portion is very nice though and I am grateful they have done what they have.
By Edwardo
The last 2 hills on both sides were bouncy. Otherwise, the ride is great, and it wasn't so bad Saturday on either side, to me, to make me not want to ride.