General Carowinds discussion
will1313 wrote:Real chainsaws, more strobe lights, more fog in the mazes, more camouflage actors, and last but not least make the mazes a little darker and hard to see. Adds more to the scare and surprise factor if you ask me. If they bring back Camp Killauee make it how it was when it first opened. That one year it first opened it actually scary, especially the end where it was really dark.

On top of all of this, I also think SCarowinds could really stand to add better music to their soundtracks. I don't know about you guys, but I get really tired of hearing Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica constantly playing throughout the park. Perhaps they could add in a little death metal here and there...maybe a few songs by Cannibal Corpse or Dying Fetus?
By Merthecat
IamtheIntimid8tor wrote:
will1313 wrote:Real chainsaws, more strobe lights, more fog in the mazes, more camouflage actors, and last but not least make the mazes a little darker and hard to see. Adds more to the scare and surprise factor if you ask me. If they bring back Camp Killauee make it how it was when it first opened. That one year it first opened it actually scary, especially the end where it was really dark.

On top of all of this, I also think SCarowinds could really stand to add better music to their soundtracks. I don't know about you guys, but I get really tired of hearing Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica constantly playing throughout the park. Perhaps they could add in a little death metal here and there...maybe a few songs by Cannibal Corpse or Dying Fetus?

Actually I've never heard A7X at Scarowinds...I've heard Metallica though.
By jay71400
I heard there was a scarowinds employee rehire event last Friday, anyway assuming this is our new maze ( unless theirs another one but I doubt it) what are everyone's expectations?
By jay71400
Being I have heard some talk about it on other threads what music do you want to here at scarowinds to maybe increase the scaryiness.

In county fair section (clown area = Really weird clownish music)
Quote unquote - Mr bungle
Manic depresso - Sykotik Sinfoney

All areas of park
Beautiful people - Marilyn Marilyn
Raise the dead - Winds of plague
One for the butcher - Winds of plague
Feed the machine - RED

I'll think of more stuff when I have time. Post your ideas below.
By Merthecat
Not Marylin Marylin, its Marylin Manson. But The Beautiful People might not be the best choice for a family park. Unless they played the edited version. I do like the song though.
By Edwardo
If I were in charge of SCarowinds, this is what I'd do, section by section:

Carowinds Plaza (SCarowinds Plaza):
I think they pretty much have this down, maybe I'd theme it to an old haunted southern plantation (Definitely without the slave connotations, though) with kind of an evil plantation owner who liked to murder his help. I'd extend this over to the new Grove section and have a haunt with that theme over there. Obviously keep the kid's trick or treat area in the amphitheater there, but maybe set that up with some smaller bar maids and a DJ at nite for adults. Obviously keep the show on the stage near the front. Replace the 'Overlord' with the plantation owner.

Carolina Showplace (Creature Canyon? Warewolf Canyon?):
I'd theme this to warewolves and Vampires. I'd use the drained rapids ride for a haunt like they do at Canada's Wonderland. I'd keep Feeding Frenzy where it is there. I'd have a Knott's Hanging style show in the theater.

Thrill Zone (The Dead Zone):
Zombie Apocalypse. I'd have wraps around the 2 game booths by the Scream Weaver and a crashed car in that 'alley'. I'd have roaming Zombies. I'd have a Zombie themed haunt in the Sinema building.

Carolina Boardwalk (Blood on the Bayou):
I'd theme this to a haunted Bayou. I'd heavily theme the mine train back there, and where Fury is, I'd use that as a Swamp themed haunt with crazy bayou people and crocodiles.

Carolina RFD (Cant think of a name, but the overall theme would be a weird little town with a hotel, camp, and school):
I'd keep the Blood Drums show back there, but I'd move the stage from in the middle of where everyone walks to back towards the entrance to the water park. I wasn't impressed with the show, but people seemed to like it. I'd revamp, but keep Dead Inn, and then move Kamp Killue over to where Corn Stalkers is. Plus this is where that new haunt building is going. If it is indeed a Zombie High kind of thing, I'd keep Zombies over in Thrill Zone and just have this as a high school taken over by hostile teens.

County Fair (Circus X):
This really needs more theming. I'd have a scary Carnival Barker or Ring Master as the star over here. Instead of Last Laff, I'd have a more Circus Themed haunt there, not just clowns, but clowns, freaks, etc. I'd also have a real freak show in the area.

Afterburn Plaza/Dinos Alive (For Oimet):
I'd theme this to a top secret military weapons testing area. I'd have scaracters themed to that around top gun and then I'd add some theming to Dinos Alive to make it an upcharge haunt where only a few people go thru at a time, and turn up the scares a notch themed to a military research area gone wrong with DNA testing.

Planet Snoopy (The Playground):
I think the playground works here, but I'd deinitely re-theme the carousel to a spooky carousel (Maybe wrap it and put a fog machine inside, and play scary music under red and blacklights?). Is there anywhere to have an updated Defex back there? Plus I'd turn the train into a haunt.

Intimidator Plaza/Nighthawk Walkway (Nightmare Valley):
Keep the Asylum, obviously as it's one of the best. And they usually have some spooky racing theming. I'd have more fog and scaracters in the walkway under Nighthawk's Lift.

That's what I'd do, but that's just me dreaming.
By jay71400
That sounds good but I dont think people would really get the southern plantation thing. Instead of that it would be cool to have like a cryptic theme in that area, some spooky lighting effects and a creepy soundtrack of wind howling and stuff like that. Not that southern plantation is a bad idea ( and it would be a pretty good maze ) but I dont think a lot of people would get the whole idea of that.
By Edwardo
Well the building out front where you enter is modeled after an old southern plantation style home, so I'm not sure why people wouldn't get it.