General Carowinds discussion
By Wolf
LemondsHead wrote:well you have a point but go look up knotts scary farm clown maze then look at ours

They have a lot of actors, so everybody can't get a make-up job done. I think face paint and prosthetics are way scarier than masks, anyways. Easier to speak through, breathe through, and creepier looking.
By LemondsHead
arby wrote:I was at the park tonight for the VIP/Media preview of SCarowinds. Here's my post about it:

http://www.tarheelcamper.com/2013/09/scarowinds-vip-preview.html

To answer a previous question, an exit was added to the back of the 3D theater that will wrap around and join the exit of Last Laff. Haunted House is a 12 minute long movie.

in your blog when you say new soundtrack, is it still like heavy metal or what?
By arby
The front plaza area was heavy metal. The scary tales area was music fitting of fairy tales. They didn't have the back section open near Last Laff so I don't know what the music was like in that area.

Next time I also hope to post a version of the report here but with the screen resolution I have to resize all the images again and it was getting late last night. I format everything in my blog to no more than 800X600 but that still doesn't size right to here.
By intimidator rider
SCarowinds 2013? Wasn't what I was hoping for, but I know it's the first night. It was packed and you couldn't even walk. I was expecting that though. I was first in line for Zombie High, pretty cool, but they need to work on scaring people. Scary Tales was terrible! London Terror was pretty awesome. The new Eternal Jamnation Lost Souls sucked! Last years was better. Then the Night Terrors was good. Better than Lost Souls by a long shot. I hardly seen any monsters out scaring. Probably of how busy it was. All in all the first 2 hours was good.... Then it got packed.
By LemondsHead
intimidator rider wrote:SCarowinds 2013? Wasn't what I was hoping for, but I know it's the first night. It was packed and you couldn't even walk. I was expecting that though. I was first in line for Zombie High, pretty cool, but they need to work on scaring people. Scary Tales was terrible! London Terror was pretty awesome. The new Eternal Jamnation Lost Souls sucked! Last years was better. Then the Night Terrors was good. Better than Lost Souls by a long shot. I hardly seen any monsters out scaring. Probably of how busy it was. All in all the first 2 hours was good.... Then it got packed.

i completely disagree zombie high was a great maze the whole layout was great and the scares were good too and definantly scary tales was probably the best scarezone you must have gone in at a bad time because that one scared me the most and yes london terror was good too, it was crowded but i still think everything new was great. I'm going next friday so i can go through all the mazes this time.
By coasterfreak
LemondsHead wrote: i completely disagree zombie high was a great maze the whole layout was great and the scares were good too and definantly scary tales was probably the best scarezone you must have gone in at a bad time because that one scared me the most and yes london terror was good too, it was crowded but i still think everything new was great. I'm going next friday so i can go through all the mazes this time.

There are two keys on your keyboard you might want to familiarize yourself with. The period, and shift. They're what tend to keep people from pulling out their hair on a public forum.

Also, the "I'm on a mobile device" excuse doesn't cut it, because the same buttons exist on those too.
By intimidator rider
LemonsHead: You shouldn't be at SCarowids if that scared you... That's sad... It was a bunch of cats and moving trees.

adscram14: It wasn't no better. We left 30 minutes early and still waited 30-45 minutes to get out of the parking lot.
By bro1968
We got there about 7:30 and it was already packed shoulder to shoulder at the enterance area. It was like a holiday weekend or something. Made it thru all mazes accept for Cornstalker (because line was way long and slow) and Defex (because park was closing). The monsters out roaming should be more spread out. I like how they changed things in the Asylum and Last Laf. Also in the Scream Cinema they had more strobing lights (awesome and freakie).

They got to get parking lot control at closing hours to get the traffic flow better. It was rediculous. There was no guidance.
By Adtrf1
I was very impressed with scarowinds this year.I went to HHN 21 In 2011 and The London Terror scare zone, surprisingly, has close to the same amount of detail that I noticed at HHN. As for the Zombie High maze, I felt that the façade was a a great touch that made the experience more immersive. Of course, there is always room for improvement and scarowinds has a long way to go to be anything like HHN but I am very pleased with the improvements. I hope they add more things with the amount of detail that London Terror has. I think that it would be awesome if they added something like the actors at hhn get to use; they have these switches that trigger many effects (like sound, lights, sometimes even vibrations) that make the scare way more effective. Keep up the good work scarowinds!