General Carowinds discussion
By RiDeWaRrIoR
They are actually putting something in the theater! :o Of course they do it AFTER the seats are removed :roll: I guess they will split the lines somehow here?
By LemondsHead
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:They are actually putting something in the theater! :o Of course they do it AFTER the seats are removed :roll: I guess they will split the lines somehow here?

im pretty sure it will be a disaster splitting the line, usually last laff has a really long line!! by the way who remembers big top terror?
By arby
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:The line is already split, because there are 2 theaters, what I am more wondering about is exiting.....

Nobody makes it out alive so they don't have to worry about that...
By intimidator rider
bro1968 wrote:If someone plans to go to Scarowinds on the 14th, can they buy their online $26.99 tickets that same morning or does it have to be a day or so before?

I'm pretty sure you can buy it the day of. Well that morning. But you never know. To be safe it might be best to buy it Friday.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
opening night is usually not that great at least in my opinion. Of course its usually a Friday, so maybe that makes a difference? I probably wont be going this year on opening night, since I will be there next sat for the ACE event... cant wait to read some reviews etc. of how it is this year... I am hoping it will be a little better.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
arby wrote:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:The line is already split, because there are 2 theaters, what I am more wondering about is exiting.....

Nobody makes it out alive so they don't have to worry about that...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By RiDeWaRrIoR
intimidator rider wrote:
bro1968 wrote:If someone plans to go to Scarowinds on the 14th, can they buy their online $26.99 tickets that same morning or does it have to be a day or so before?

I'm pretty sure you can buy it the day of. Well that morning. But you never know. To be safe it might be best to buy it Friday.

You can buy it now if you want to and the $26.99 is up until September 21st....
Attachments
pricing.PNG
pricing.PNG (207.93 KiB) Viewed 3756 times
By arby
LemondsHead wrote:why is opening night so much cheaper?

I'm not sure why I'm answering this... Companies view trends and sales histories to come up with promotions. Opening day isn't a discount because they feel like being nice - it's because reports probably show them that it tends to be the least busy night of Scarowinds. It's the same reason they have bring a friend days - those days traditionally are some of the slower days for attendance so promotions help build those numbers. That's also why you see some restaurants advertise 'kids eat free on Tuesdays' or 'free pie on Wednesdays.' They're not doing it for fun, they are trying to boost sales on what is traditionally their slower days. It is business 101.

RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:opening night is usually not that great at least in my opinion. Of course its usually a Friday, so maybe that makes a difference? I probably wont be going this year on opening night, since I will be there next sat for the ACE event... cant wait to read some reviews etc. of how it is this year... I am hoping it will be a little better.

Opening night is usually not as great, primarily because of all the new SCharacters. Some of them are return temp employees while others are doing it for their first time and still trying to get the hang of it. I like it because you can do all of the haunt stuff in a few hours. I'll then go back a couple of more times and just hit a few highlights since it's harder to do everything later in October. I'll be there on opening night with our youth group and the following Sat for the ACE event.
By docmcnugget
I think masks look way too fake, I think they make it less scary sometimes! Makeup makes you think it's real, no scary clown really looks like they do in the halloween masks, right?