General Carowinds discussion
By jay71400
I got to the park around 6:45 hoping to bypass the crowds, but sadly I came after a lot of crowds already arrived. Defex had a hideous 45 minute wait after I got in line. Got through all the scarezones, Defex, cornstalkers, zombie high, and fury before I left at 10:30. All the mazes I went in were great I'm usually hard to scare but I was startled a few times. Scarezones... great! lots of detail in London terror, scary tales was decent but definitely could've been better. I'm going again Friday and will post an extended review then.
By Kurgan316
I went to Scarowinds on opening night.. made note that the voice of the Overlord was different this year.. so was his
script. We made our way to London Terror.. and I had fun there.. the SCaractors actually interacted with me and
posed for the video camera.

First maze on our trip was Defex. Made note of how they have the line divided this year
so that people are not standing directly under the Intimidator's first drop. The maze was as solid as I remembered it
but for some reason seemed darker to me (might have been my nightvision hadn't engaged since it was still bright
outside).

Next on the list was.. The Haunted House 3D... how does a 12 minute movie take 30 minutes to watch.. well here is the reason why. During OUR showing they played most of the movie without even noticing they
had the WRONG SOUNDTRACK playing... epic fail. And OMG.. that movie would have been soooo much better if
the motion seats were used.. the movie was totally made to utilize them sadly. Movie was good but without the
motion seats.. just isn't good enough for a repeat viewing IMHO.

Since we were there.. Last Laff 3D. It was a improvement this year.. seemed to have more clowns and I walked into
a few mirrors in the hallway this year (this is a first for me since I've never done that) course I had help from
one of the female clowns trying to scare me and distracting me into a wall. The end of the maze seemed a little
barren of actors.

Next on the hit list... Fury. What can I say about Fury.. we went thru it.. we left.. we debated if it had managed to
actually be worse than it's opening year.

Since the lines for the other mazes were insanely long we decided to hit the scarezones for review...
Scary Tales: Dark.. creepy.. but missing something for most of the zone.. I know.. Actors... they were all bunched up
near one of the entrances and neglecting the rest of the zone. Not cool. It was pretty much what I expected...
mAlice in Wonderland themed. Not bad but not good either.. will try it again this weekend and hope that some of them
are reading this.. spread out.

Blood Frenzy: I so wish this was still a area and not a tunnel of blood quick walkthru... these actors have their game
straight.. they look and act the part.

London Terror: Excellent... just.. excellent. Love the nightmare steampunk feel..

Children's Playground: Also excellent.. anyone notice the twins missing this year?

Ok so back to the mazes.. we hit Cornstalkers.. the maze seemed different this year and.. the actors actually tried too.
I was laughing at this one young lady that was almost crying from the actors terrifying her.. excellent job. (Yes I am
sick and twisted)

Zombie High.. I will save a review on this when they aren't purging the lines and letting groups of 20-30 enter these
hallowed halls of learning. I will say.. better than Fury.

Then.. there was Asylum.. usually my favorite maze... I even wear my Asylum shirt to Scarowinds... The lines were
being flooded thru so it was cramped and I kept having some 12 year old trying to walk under my shoes. Will have to
review this one when it's not so damn crowded also.
By oneandonlyss67
I went this past Friday and I wasn't impressed at all..my 8 year old was begging me to take him but I told him I would check it out first and then take him if I thought he could handle it well needless to say I will taking my son this Friday. There was nothing scary about the event at all the mazes were to bright and to crowded the actors could never get back in place for the next group. I'm just glad I'm a season pass holder and didn't have to pay for this event
By docmcnugget
I agree, I'm not even an adult and I was bored.. I usually go every year so excited and nervous but this year no one was scaring me? I'm not sure if I'm getting older, or if SCarowinds needs to up their game.
By Merthecat
oneandonlyss67 wrote:I went this past Friday and I wasn't impressed at all..my 8 year old was begging me to take him but I told him I would check it out first and then take him if I thought he could handle it well needless to say I will taking my son this Friday. There was nothing scary about the event at all the mazes were to bright and to crowded the actors could never get back in place for the next group. I'm just glad I'm a season pass holder and didn't have to pay for this event

I totally agree. I went the first year I had a season pass (two years ago, when I was only 11) and I wasn't scared at all.
By coasterbruh
if this makes you guys feel better the "american werewolf in london" haunt at halloween horror nights (in universal studios orlando) was hands down THE best haunt I have ever been in...we're talking the ACTUAL puppets from the movie...not some person with dog mittens playing a wolf...