General Carowinds discussion
OakenBucket wrote:Twisted Colossal is looking good !! I think that something in the same nature could preserve Thunder Road for another 40 plus years. If it's left alone don't see it hanging around another 10 years.

Left alone? They just spent five years on it.
I actually enjoy Thunder Road for the most part. There's just the one spot towards the break run (the same spot on both sides) where it gets extremely rough and painful, so much so that I just don't ride it anymore. If it wasn't for that spot though I would still enjoy the ride.
Chris by left alone. I mean current state that it is. I love the coaster. But anyone over 100 lbs it shakes the filling out if their head. And yes I know it's been a five year project and I'm willing to bet a corn dog that cedar looked at The new topper track and said at the time. We just don't know that much about . Well five years later it's a hit !!
I was joking about burning it, thought you would know that.? Anyways...I would not miss it if they got rid of it! I'd like to see older rides like TR be replaced with newer more modern type rides. Does anyone really talk about the powder keg flume anymore or does anyone really miss it...? It'll be the same if TR is removed or the cyclone. No one will really care after a couple of years because our park would be becoming more up to date with something newer and better!