General Carowinds discussion
This is how I see the park expanding over the next 10 years:

Orange- Camp Snoopy Expansion- Dinosaurs Alive is gone, but instead of expanding planet snoopy, a new kids area is created themed to Camp Snoopy. Rides I see: splash battle, Linus launchers, Kite-Eating Tree ride, dune buggy antique cars.

Yellow- County Fair Expansion- Action theater is demolished to expand the county fair. Rides I see: Disk-O Coaster, small ferris wheel (Americana).

Red- Hotel- Carowinds gets an on-site hotel. The south gate turns into the Hotel Entrance, parking lot in between is hotel parking.

Black- waterpark parking. Possible entrance from Carowinds BLVD.

Blue and White- Blue is the expanded waterpark under Thunder Road. White is the entrance plaza for the waterpark. Rides I see- drop capsule slide, racist water coaster, mat racers, large family slide similar to Down Under, larger family splash complex.

And this is only one corner of the park! I can't wait to see how Cedar Fair re-imagines the place!
Will someone stop feeding Lance information?
Park News - (5/12/15) While Carowinds has yet to officially comment on the rumored demise of Thunder Road, Screamscape has heard from the spy network that you might want to get your last rides on it sooner than later... like by early July if possible. Just in case...
tarheel1231 wrote:Will someone stop feeding Lance information?
Park News - (5/12/15) While Carowinds has yet to officially comment on the rumored demise of Thunder Road, Screamscape has heard from the spy network that you might want to get your last rides on it sooner than later... like by early July if possible. Just in case...

I honestly can't believe that Lance has been believing this bull, Screamscape has really gone down in credibility!
tarheel1231 wrote:Will someone stop feeding Lance information?

Umm, Mike's comment wasn't offical enough? He is the park's GM after all. Someone take the broken clock off the wall already.
The sternwheeler wasn't going anywhere right...all I'm saying is that things can change and quite honestly its things park personal cannot confirm. Its like this. Last week it cod be not going anywhere...then next week it could be off the chopping block. No one here knows for sure what the outcome is gonna be :shh: :wave: :thumbup: may be the park is still in limbo. But this is a fact...we have a 50% chance of it going or staying lol...

I wouldn't be phased either way...but SOME of you guys are presenting your opinions as facts...
The Sternwheeler was damaged "beyond repair" during a crane lift in which was being done to position the structure for permanent display. Carowinds asked Paramount Parks to fork out the money to repair the Sternwheeler, but Paramount Parks Corporate decided the Sternwheeler was "beyond repair".

This and Thunder Road are two completely different things, if Thunder Road was "beyond repair" the ride would be unsafe for operation and therefore not passed state inspection. The Sternwheeler was not planned to be scrapped, if it was Carowinds wouldn't have spent the money to rent a crane and operator and have it rotated 180 degrees. The plan only changed after an accident happened.