General Carowinds discussion
RollerBee wrote:My Area Manager from when I worked at Carowinds was there when it happened. I also know a few people that have scraps of wood that were obtained from the remains of the riverboat.

Who's to say it wasn't intentional? The point I'm making is its the personnel that have to defuse items and to do damage control. Like...of the paek really wanted tye plantation house there today, it wod be there today...even if it had to be rebuilt from the ground up. Instead of saying " that damn house was in our way and it just had to go" we got that it was too damaged to save. There has been no official statement solidifying tr's future be that it stays or leaves. We shouldn't discounts each others opinion one way or another. Unless its really stupid. Then its fair game! :thumbup:
Spending thousands of dollars just to intentional damage something that would have been destoryed otherwise is just silly. As far as the Plantation House goes, the new plaza has less heating and a/c units.....
Cheaper Power Bill.....
The Plantation House was removed because it was apparently beyond repair and to cut expenses.
coasterbruh wrote:There has been no official statement solidifying tr's future be that it stays or leaves. We shouldn't discounts each others opinion one way or another. Unless its really stupid. Then its fair game! :thumbup:

I think tearing down tr after spending 5 years to renovate it would count as really stupid but thats just my opinion
In the unfortunate that Thunder Road does get the chopping block, I hope the park has a last ride event like SFMM had for Colossus. I want to be on the last NC train when the ride closes. I'd hate hate HATE to see the ride go, but Coasterbruh is right. Plans can change. :( I've wondered why it wouldn't be easier to expand under Thunder Road. Is it because it's next to the employee lot?
tarheel1231 wrote: I'd hate hate HATE to see the ride go, but Coasterbruh is right. Plans can change. :(

And I think no one outside the park knows anything about those plans. When did the first inkling that TR was to be removed show up? I'm gonna stick with my option that its a 50/50 chance it will stay and a 50/50 chance it will go :thumbup: lol. I can argue both aspects... 8)
Well...it would kinda be cheaper to bulldoze and be done than to find a new area, replace then bulldoze ...but what do I know??? :wave: :shh:

RollerBee wrote:Wouldn't that make it a 25/25/25/25, 50/50/50/50 equals 200%

No it would not. Sigh...its virtually repeating the same thing. If I'm 50% sure its staying then quite naturally I'm 50% sure its leaving.