General Carowinds discussion
By Jonathan
Not in operation; last I heard they were trying to sell it.

Quite frankly I don't have much interest in it. It was an okay coaster; nowhere near as good as Afterburn. Unless it came at a steal of a price I don't see it being worth it for the park.
By Jarsh
If Cedar Fair bought it (and that's a big if) it would go to Kings Dominion.
By Jonathan
Jarsh wrote:If Cedar Fair bought it (and that's a big if) it would go to Kings Dominion.

That seems like the most bizarre location of all. They already have Dominator, a similar yet superior in every way coaster.

What type of coaster was it and where at myrtle did it operate?

http://rcdb.com/3852.htm
Is the myrtle beach ride still in operation?

They were doing test runs at the Old Hard Rock/ Freestyle Park late last fall for some buyers!!
it would add to the Coaster count and fit in nice at Carowinds !!
By Jarsh
Jonathan wrote:
Jarsh wrote:If Cedar Fair bought it (and that's a big if) it would go to Kings Dominion.

That seems like the most bizarre location of all. They already have Dominator, a similar yet superior in every way coaster.

If KD ever wants to put in a B&M it will have to be a relocated one just like Dominator was. B&M's contract with Busch Gardens states that no B&M coasters can be SOLD within a certain radius of the park not that any can't be BUILT. I agree that it would make no sense to put it there, but if Cedar Fair wanted a B&M for KD, this would be the only way to get one without pulling one out from another park.

The fact that it makes no sense to put it there means that Cedar Fair prolly has no interest in it.
By Jay
I'm completely serioius when I say this, Time Machine is the worst B&M I've ever ridden, and maybe even the worst B&M ever built period. It's short, rough, and kind of boring. It would be a perfect ride for a smaller-ish park like a Darien Lake, Magic Springs, or Elitch Gardens.

If Carowinds (or Kings Dominion) got it I would cry. The Mine Train would be perfect for KD however...
By chknwing
Jarsh wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

If KD ever wants to put in a B&M it will have to be a relocated one just like Dominator was. B&M's contract with Busch Gardens states that no B&M coasters can be SOLD within a certain radius of the park not that any can't be BUILT. I agree that it would make no sense to put it there, but if Cedar Fair wanted a B&M for KD, this would be the only way to get one without pulling one out from another park.

The fact that it makes no sense to put it there means that Cedar Fair prolly has no interest in it.

I never heard of this contract with Bush Gardens. Can you elaborate on that?
By RollerBee
Depends on what you consider a family ride, I consider Windseeker a family ride as well aw Yoyo. Also Flyers, Flying Ace and Ricochet.
By Jetp
OakenBucket wrote:I wonder if they have thought about buying the Time Machine coaster out of Myrtle Beach ? could get it real cheap. plus the park don't have a sit down looper from B & M ?

I can't remember where I saw it but Time Machine was sold to a place in Vietnam....if I remember correctly.
By Jarsh
chknwing wrote:I never heard of this contract with Bush Gardens. Can you elaborate on that?

I'm not sure what else I can say to explain it better aside from repeating what I said... I don't know any details about it other than B&M can't sell a coaster to anyone within a certain radius of Busch Gardens. I don't know if the exclusivity clause ends after a certain number of years or after a certain number of coasters, but I do know something of the sort exist. Hence the reason no new B&M's at KD (and possibly SFA as well).
By Jarsh
I'm sure there is an expiration but I don't know when that is. Alpengeist was built 17 years ago so if it was a 20 year deal, we should see something in a few years. The fact that Kings Dominion and Six Flags America are about the only two major parks that have never built a brand new B&M (the one each park has is relocated) isn't helping put the alledged rumor to rest either.

Maybe Busch said that in return for B&M giving up some market share that they would buy X amount of B&M's over a certain time frame or something.

Oh, and to keep it on topic: FLATS, FLATS, FLATS! I don't really care what kind, but this region is seriously lacking good quality flats. I'd really like to see them make the Country Fair over into a real old school country fair type area with permanently mounted traveling type rides. I'd kill to see a Zipper, Gravitron, Yo-Yo, Himlaya, Trabant, Round-Up, Paratrooper, Ferris Wheel, Spider/Octopus, Tilt-A-Whirl, Bumper Cars, etc in that area. Think of how it would all look at night with the lights on everything.
Last edited by Jarsh on April 17th, 2014, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.