General Carowinds discussion
By adam3482p
Does anyone remember Feeding Frenzy the first year (2009)? It was at the Cobra Plaza area (Saturator, Blood Drums, Blood Yard) It was pretty much a Vampire strip club with poles and all. I walked up to the stage with ones in hand. I guess it was too much and the next year it was different.
Jay wrote:Going to bump this. I'm a hoarder for all things Carowinds so I went and found all my old Scarowinds maps. I didn't include any of the simulator rides or shows, so these are just the houses and scare zones. I'm missing 2008 and 2012, so if anyone wants to add those years be my guest.

-2002-
Nightmare Manor
Dead End
Psycho Path
Alien Crypt 3D

-2003-
Nightmare Manor
Carnival of Terror
Creature Feature 3D
Toxic Trap

-2004-
Nightmare Manor
Alcatraz Escape
Sleepy Hollow Horror
Alien Crypt 3D

-2005-
Massacre Manor
Alcatraz Escape
Headless Hollow
Alien Crypt 3D

-2006-
Murder Manor
Slaughter House
Big Top Terror
Haunted Woods

-2007-
Alien Annihilation
Big Top Terror
Dead Inn
The Dream Factory
Final Summons
Slaughter House

-2009-
Camp Killauee
Last Laff 3D
Dead Inn
Silver Scream Sinema
Final Summons
Slaughter House
CornStalkers
The Asylum
The Playground (Scarezone)
The Cemetary (Scarezone)
Feeding Frenzy (Scarezone)

-2010-
Camp Killauee
Last Laff 3D
Dead Inn
Silver Scream Sinema
Defex Inc.
Slaughter House
CornStalkers
The Asylum
The Cemetary (Scarezone)

-2011-
Camp Killauee
Last Laff 3D
Dead Inn
Silver Scream Sinema
Defex Inc.
Fury
CornStalkers
The Asylum
The Cemetary (Scarezone)

-2013-
Last Laff 3D
Zombie High
Silver Scream Sinema
Defex
Fury
CornStalkers
The Asylum
Scary Tales (Scarezone)
Mass Acres (Scarezone)
London Terror (Scarezone)

Maybe one day I will have the energy and patience to scan all the maps, so everyone can enjoy. :crazy:

can you tell me where alien annihalation was
By Cameron
Ya'll missed one of the best there ever was. Bloodbath bayou or something along those lines when we had a maze on the island before nighthawk. Easily one of the best they ever had and didn't have to add theming.
By tinotoot
MISTER FANBOY wrote:
Jay wrote:Going to bump this. I'm a hoarder for all things Carowinds so I went and found all my old Scarowinds maps. I didn't include any of the simulator rides or shows, so these are just the houses and scare zones. I'm missing 2008 and 2012, so if anyone wants to add those years be my guest.

-2002-
Nightmare Manor
Dead End
Psycho Path
Alien Crypt 3D

-2003-
Nightmare Manor
Carnival of Terror
Creature Feature 3D
Toxic Trap

-2004-
Nightmare Manor
Alcatraz Escape
Sleepy Hollow Horror
Alien Crypt 3D

-2005-
Massacre Manor
Alcatraz Escape
Headless Hollow
Alien Crypt 3D

-2006-
Murder Manor
Slaughter House
Big Top Terror
Haunted Woods

-2007-
Alien Annihilation
Big Top Terror
Dead Inn
The Dream Factory
Final Summons
Slaughter House

-2009-
Camp Killauee
Last Laff 3D
Dead Inn
Silver Scream Sinema
Final Summons
Slaughter House
CornStalkers
The Asylum
The Cemetary (Scarezone)

-2010-
Camp Killauee
Last Laff 3D
Dead Inn
Silver Scream Sinema
Defex Inc.
Slaughter House
CornStalkers
The Asylum
The Cemetary (Scarezone)

-2011-
Camp Killauee
Last Laff 3D
Dead Inn
Silver Scream Sinema
Defex Inc.
Fury
CornStalkers
The Asylum
The Cemetary (Scarezone)

-2013-
Last Laff 3D
Zombie High
Silver Scream Sinema
Defex
Fury
CornStalkers
The Asylum
Scary Tales (Scarezone)
Mass Acres (Scarezone)
London Terror (Scarezone)

Maybe one day I will have the energy and patience to scan all the maps, so everyone can enjoy. :crazy:

can you tell me where alien annihalation was

Alien Annihilation was next to the Wild Thornberry's Log Ride, which is now Intimidator.
By tinotoot
Cameron wrote:Ya'll missed one of the best there ever was. Bloodbath bayou or something along those lines when we had a maze on the island before nighthawk. Easily one of the best they ever had and didn't have to add theming.

Ugh! I did miss out. I can't find anything about it. I'd love to see a bayou themed maze again one day.
By Cameron
I can't find any photos or anything but it was amazing. We had a haunt on the island for 2-3 years and the trail that went under log flume was pretty amazing itself.

The boat was the entrance to the maze
Attachments
FB_IMG_1531369741715.jpg
FB_IMG_1531369741715.jpg (110.65 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
FB_IMG_1531369737291.jpg
FB_IMG_1531369737291.jpg (53.8 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
That is so cool! I would have been too young to remember it anyways, as SCarowinds opened when I was 1, and I didn't move to NC until I was 3. I was a huge chicken until I was about 12 years old. I wish I could have experienced more SCarowinds as a kid. Would have loved to see the original Slaughterhouse. One classic maze I always loved was Dead Inn. That and Asylum were the scariest ones there imo.
tinotoot wrote:That is so cool! I would have been too young to remember it anyways, as SCarowinds opened when I was 1, and I didn't move to NC until I was 3. I was a huge chicken until I was about 12 years old. I wish I could have experienced more SCarowinds as a kid. Would have loved to see the original Slaughterhouse. One classic maze I always loved was Dead Inn. That and Asylum were the scariest ones there imo.

lol i had to beg my parents for several years to finally go in 2015 :lol:
worth it
I have been going to Scarowinds since it started and its definitely changed over the years. Some years were better than others, but the last few have just been lacking. I think its more as I get older its not as enjoyable, but I like to go to ride Fury at night now and just walk around watching others get scared. I think they need to find some new themes on some things like circus/clowns, even though its becoming "carnEvil" I think they should do away with this theme all together and do something else. I am glad to see something new this year (pirates). looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I liked it a lot when the covered area in front of vortex was a scare zone, like an old junkyard.
By tinotoot
I understand. I haven't been going since the event started but I've been going since about 2010? I think those years (the early 2010s) were the peak, when Dead Inn, Asylum, Last Laff, and the original Slaughterhouse were still around. I still have a lot of fun, and get scared, and I think last year was really nicely done. I have to say the new stuff for this year isn't too exciting for me. I'm hyped for the pirate scarezone, but sad that we aren't getting a new maze, just another re-theme on Silver Scream, and that they just renamed the clown scarezone to something that a lot of other CF parks have at their haunts instead of replacing the zone with something else.
What you're thinking of under the grass tunnel is Feeding Frenzy! It was the vampire scarezone before Bloodyard. I'm a bit tired of vampires and clowns too. I'd love to see werewolves sometime!