General Carowinds discussion
#100192
After missing my first one since 2014 last year, I think this one might include stuff that could be a bit more 'interesting' like the things that drew me into my first one. Like tours of dirt fields with colorful pieces of metal in them. That was fun.
#101403
The date for the 2018 Carolina Coaster Classic is September 8. Still finalizing the schedule, but prices will remain unchanged from last year (ACE $30/$65, Guest $35/$70).

As soon as everything is finalized, I'll post a link to the flyer.
#101540
Awesome, I'm so excited!! Kind of bad timing because I work at a sports tech company and that's week 1 of NFL (meaning I may be working late the night before) but I'm definitely gonna make it work and fly down Saturday morning if necessary. Thanks Jarsh!

Edit: I'm not going anymore :o My best friend is having a wedding reception party that day in Florida. She got married last month but the reception isn't until then. Bad timing.
Last edited by aoriole19 on August 22nd, 2018, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#102793
Welp... Sadly due to financials, I won't be able to make it this year.
I am still coming to the park in early October, but I hate that I'll be missing this event.
Enjoy everyone! and lots of pictures haha
#103401
Funtasticks in Pineville, just outside of Charlotte, just added a kiddie coaster (Miner Mike - https://rcdb.com/16553.htm). You usually have to have a child to ride the coaster but I contacted the park and spoke with management. They have approved adults riding the coaster for the weekend of C3 only! If you are a credit whore, like myself, don't miss this opportunity! The ride is $7.50 and you will need to ask for the manager (either Camran or Bryan). This will only be allowed on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of this weekend, only!
#103484
Well I just got back from Funtasticks, and they actually let me ride Miner Mike for free! Place feels kinda run down, and I feel like Funtasticks won’t be owning it for long. That place can’t seem to keep an owner for more than a couple years.
#103485
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:Well I just got back from Funtasticks, and they actually let me ride Miner Mike for free! Place feels kinda run down, and I feel like Funtasticks won’t be owning it for long. That place can’t seem to keep an owner for more than a couple years.

Most small FECs constantly change owners similar to hotels and gas stations.
#103486
RollerBee wrote:
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:Well I just got back from Funtasticks, and they actually let me ride Miner Mike for free! Place feels kinda run down, and I feel like Funtasticks won’t be owning it for long. That place can’t seem to keep an owner for more than a couple years.

Most small FECs constantly change owners similar to hotels and gas stations.

I’ve seen some of those places be held by the same owner for years on end (Ex. Fun Fore All in Cranberry, PA). All I’m saying is that Funtasticks feels super run down and kinda creepy.
#103491
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:
RollerBee wrote:
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:Well I just got back from Funtasticks, and they actually let me ride Miner Mike for free! Place feels kinda run down, and I feel like Funtasticks won’t be owning it for long. That place can’t seem to keep an owner for more than a couple years.

Most small FECs constantly change owners similar to hotels and gas stations.

I’ve seen some of those places be held by the same owner for years on end (Ex. Fun Fore All in Cranberry, PA). All I’m saying is that Funtasticks feels super run down and kinda creepy.

They were busy as can be. I definitely did not get the vibe that they were run down.
  • 1
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests