General Carowinds discussion
By arby
Nascar isn't doing great but it's not like they are about to go under. They have lost a bunch of fans but still have a solid fan base. Nascar is supposedly going to be for sale if any of you are interested...

dabrian wrote:Dick Trickle themed coaster would be great imo. Imagine the theming....

Now that's the funniest thing I have heard in a while.
Here’s some photos form a video on YouTube from in the loop they go over everything that’s new in KD for 2018 and show the gift shop which has now been replaced by lockers. Yeah once again wouldn’t be surprised if the name changes. Also dinosaurs alive has to be going soon considering I literally haven’t seen as many didnosaurs around the park that they used to had last year. The photo below that was taken of an upside down lamppost is in the rip roarin’ rapids queue and I saw about a dozen of them. Not too surprised that they’re like that though considering they have the original Carowinds look to them if you know what I mean. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them were from the opening year of the ride.
Attachments
12 of these in rip roarin’ rapids queue
I305 gift shop removal
By tarheel1231
Just got back from the park. Notes:

-It was hot.
-Carolina Harbor was nice. Waaaay too many people in the lazy river though.
-Intimidator was great late in the afternoon. Airtime on every section including the final helix.
-It was really hot.
-Afterburn was great as always, outside left was extreme intense.
-I got two rides in Fury in the dusk, once in the front, once in the back, and I swear it was hitting 100. Near ejector in the final stretch. Those were the two most intense rides I've ever had on it. I think that final backseat ride in the dusk is the best experience I've ever had on a coaster. If I put any thought to it it's definitely my favorite coaster, but I might stop ranking them altogether.
-Jesus it was hot.
-I saw 'Turn it Up' at the end of the night and it was pretty decent. I would have liked to have seen more special effects in the way of pyrotechnics a la Luminosity, but it was alright. Someone should rename it to Bruno Mars Greatest Hits though lol
-It was hot.
By RW_Fury325
^ Right now is a fantastic time to ride Fury. It's sped up a lot, if you can ride in the Front + Left seat it is absolutely insane. Those hills had ejector when I went on Monday.
By mdsmith98
I’m at the park right now. Unfortunately, just about everything is closed due to weather, but it’s not storming at all. So far I’ve been able to ride Dodgems and Scream Weaver (which just closed due to weather). I also got my free Chick-fil-A of course! :lol:

I wanted to get a ride on sky tower before dark to check out construction, but oh well.
uscbandfan wrote:They need to. It looked very junky on Monday when I was there.

I think it's just part of the Carowinds Carolinas theming. Crap under the coaster in the back yard. Gotta love our country hoarders. There are some people about a mile away that are 10 times worse than this.

By Jrlooney88
It honestly looks like a hodgepodge of mismatched junk, like if someone was like, "hey where do we wanna store this?", "umm, idk, just put it under Fury". It doesn't take away from the ride experience, and it's an easily correctable thing with the addition of a need warehouse on that side of the park, which they need anyways.
By tylerSC
Wow. Step away a few months and all sorts of big news with Project Alpha. Last time I checked in around December all the talk was about Winterfest. Glad to see the next predicted coaster project is coming into development, and apparently may be a Mack launched coaster. With that being said, do we still think a Hurler conversion may be eventually upcoming like Twisted Timbers? Seems like Carowinds will still need a hybrid woodie as that is a current trend. But very excited for a launched coaster.
By pproteinc
Intimidator was flying today and it has new bins. They are now saying, “if you don't get back to your seat before the train locks, you'll have to go back around in line again.” WHAT?! I’m glad I never have anything to put in the bins. Lol
Last edited by pproteinc on June 24th, 2018, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tylerSC wrote:Wow. Step away a few months and all sorts of big news with Project Alpha. Last time I checked in around December all the talk was about Winterfest. Glad to see the next predicted coaster project is coming into development, and apparently may be a Mack launched coaster. With that being said, do we still think a Hurler conversion may be eventually upcoming like Twisted Timbers? Seems like Carowinds will still need a hybrid woodie as that is a current trend. But very excited for a launched coaster.

Considering Hurler was the 4th most ridden ride at the park last year I think they will wait a little until they do. We don’t even know for sure if they will or not. I definitely see it in the future but a bit farther than most other people see it happening
By Justin
pproteinc wrote:Intimidator was f flying today and it has new bins. They are now saying m, “if you don't get back to your seat before the train locks, you'll have to go back around in line again.” WHAT?! I’m glad I never have anything to put in the bins. Lol

Ride staff has been extremely rude and entitled this year, also unprofessional and unintentive.
By Chris
Justin wrote:
pproteinc wrote:Intimidator was f flying today and it has new bins. They are now saying m, “if you don't get back to your seat before the train locks, you'll have to go back around in line again.” WHAT?! I’m glad I never have anything to put in the bins. Lol

Ride staff has been extremely rude and entitled this year, also unprofessional and unintentive.

I very much disagree. I love that they are saying that. They really aren't going to make people walk around but the GP doesn't know that. Anything like this that they can do to keep the line moving quickly is OK in my book!