General Carowinds discussion
By mark40511
I finally got to see riders on Electro spin via the county fair cam. But as I watched it, it looked like something may have gone wrong - once the ride was over, the riders just kept waiting for it to lower to the ground so they could get off, but it seems like it took a long time for it to lower to let the riders off. Then, I didn't see anyone get back on it.....It looked so cool watching it go though. I'll bet it's a fun ride. I hope it's not a mechanical nightmare. Oh, and I also thought I saw Cobra stuck.
By jlc9701
AND you did not even have to be a season pass holder to preview that...

Carnies, Winos and paid labor can do it.
By Wormy
I prefer the horse but whatever.
By jlc9701
It seemed really odd and out of place to begin with.

It was kind of neat and probably was not inexpensive.

So, could this be a clue?
By jlc9701
Last edited by jlc9701 on April 3rd, 2017, 8:30 am, edited 24 times in total.
By jlc9701
Maybe a steeplechase conversion for the Vortex?
By kirkgun
Mustang themed Wood Coaster for 2018! (kidding, I wish I wasn't kidding)

My wife is traveling for work this weekend. I was traveling last weekend. So, I finally gave in and just went to Carowinds by myself this evening. I had to check out the new stuff. I got a ride on: Intimidator, Fury, Drop Tower, Top-Scan, and Afterburn. I had dinner and was out of there in less than 1.5 hours. I was not hurrying at all.

The Top-scan was fun. I hope they get the lights, paint, and bugs worked out soon.

The whole new area is a big upgrade, even if they have made really short ride cycles. Hopefully when the newness wears off and the staff get more experience, Carowinds will give the new rides some longer running cycles.

I'm gonna really love the all season Fast Lane thingy. It's gonna make it a lot more tempting to just go for quick evening trips, just like today, all summer long. But I kinda feel guilty skipping the line. I've never used a Fast Lane pass (or equivalent) before. It feels strange to be one of those people.

edit-- There really seemed to be a lot of new paint around the whole park. I only went once last year, so maybe I didn't notice if some of it had been done last year or it was new for this year. But a lot of things look much nicer compared to 2015.
By fishels
kirkgun wrote:Mustang themed Wood Coaster for 2018! (kidding, I wish I wasn't kidding)

My wife is traveling for work this weekend. I was traveling last weekend. So, I finally gave in and just went to Carowinds by myself this evening. I had to check out the new stuff. I got a ride on: Intimidator, Fury, Drop Tower, Top-Scan, and Afterburn. I had dinner and was out of there in less than 1.5 hours. I was not hurrying at all.

The Top-scan was fun. I hope they get the lights, paint, and bugs worked out soon.

The whole new area is a big upgrade, even if they have made really short ride cycles. Hopefully when the newness wears off and the staff get more experience, Carowinds will give the new rides some longer running cycles.

I'm gonna really love the all season Fast Lane thingy. It's gonna make it a lot more tempting to just go for quick evening trips, just like today, all summer long. But I kinda feel guilty skipping the line. I've never used a Fast Lane pass (or equivalent) before. It feels strange to be one of those people.

edit-- There really seemed to be a lot of new paint around the whole park. I only went once last year, so maybe I didn't notice if some of it had been done last year or it was new for this year. But a lot of things look much nicer compared to 2015.

I'm sorry to be "that guy" but I haven't been on here in a while. I see the season pass fast lane plus on the website(that is now sold out).

How much was that? And what did it include exactly? Thanks

Edit: got my question answered. Apologies. Anyone know how long the fast lane season pass thing was up before it got sold out?