General Carowinds discussion
By Chris
KIJester wrote:^Some SC lobbyist got their pockets lined then because Cabela's has a HUGE interstate sign.

It's a little big, but it's far from HUGE. Plus, it's on a hill so it looks taller.

By FamousAmos
To be fair, Rock-N-Roller's max capacity is 60 riders per hour, times that by an average of 15 cycles per hour and there ya go haha.
By tarheel1231
Moreover I'm surprised Nighthawk isn't listed on there, especially when Carolina Cyclone and Hurler made it onto the list. Then again, it has a 54" height requirement and possibly the lowest capacity of any coaster in the park. Maybe it's time to free up the lake for something better?
By coasterbruh
FamousAmos wrote:To be fair, Rock-N-Roller's max capacity is 60 riders per hour, times that by an average of 15 cycles per hour and there ya go haha.

I mean, Thunder Road was also a high capacity ride and well . . . nevermind lol. I think popularity also has a lot to do with it as well.
By chknwing
tarheel1231 wrote:Moreover I'm surprised Nighthawk isn't listed on there, especially when Carolina Cyclone and Hurler made it onto the list. Then again, it has a 54" height requirement and possibly the lowest capacity of any coaster in the park. Maybe it's time to free up the lake for something better?

All for replacing nighthawk. By far, one of the worst coasters I've ridden.
By tarheel1231
Maybe I’ve just had better luck with Nighthawk, but I don’t understand the hate for it. Besides the “Big Three”, it’s really the only truly thrilling coaster at the park. Everything else is kind of mediocre. I’d welcome its replacement just because of the atrocious capacity, but I’d rather them get new trains that can tilt on the lift. However That would probably be far too expensive, so I wouldn’t be sad if the park eventually removed it. Free up that lake and have it be the centerpiece like the lagoon at IoA.
By gabed
Agreed. It’s really not an AWFUL coaster, but I wouldn’t cry over its removal.
By uscbandfan
I vote to replace it and while they're at it, dig out a "REAL" lake and have a beautiful centerpiece that would be an awesome sight after you cross the bridge.

I'd be in favor of replacing Nighthawk and Vortex with a new coaster and a lake that even wrapped AROUND the base of the SkyTower. That'd be cool.
By Capler
uscbandfan wrote:I vote to replace it and while they're at it, dig out a "REAL" lake and have a beautiful centerpiece that would be an awesome sight after you cross the bridge.

I'd be in favor of replacing Nighthawk and Vortex with a new coaster and a lake that even wrapped AROUND the base of the SkyTower. That'd be cool.

I like the way you think. :thumbup:
By jeffdavis
Note of interest: This year instead of a "bring-a-friend" free coupon given to everyone on preview night it is a "bring-a-friend for $9.99" coupon. I saw that on Facebook.

Passholder preview night is Friday, 3/23, from 6 to 10. I'll see you there, and when everyone goes left to see Camp Snoopy I'll go right to Fury 325!