General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
Chris wrote:But anyway, he's going to reply to your post and mine, Tarheel. Let's just vow to ignore them. :shh: He's not worth it. :thumbup: Plus, I'm beginning to think he's trolling because surely someone can't be this incompetent. :think:

You'd be surprised. But troll or not, he obviously wants attention so I'm just gonna hit that 'foe' button and be done with it. You can't use facts and evidence with people like this.

Moving on, has anyone seen the new nighttime show 'Turn It Up'? It looks pretty well produced for a Carowinds show. Like a smaller-scale Luminosity.

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2a5QOAhlcc[/youtube]
By Koallinbear
Has anyone been able to catch a ride on the Vekoma Junior Suspended Coaster this season? I'm not sure if this was brought up or if it even matters but I have a few observations from my visit to the park on Friday evening.

1. The ride audio playing in the station still says "Enjoy your ride on Flying Ace Aerial Chase". I find this quite interesting considering they took the time and effort to rebrand the ride with a new name, color scheme, and station signage but just left the old audio recording.
2. What happened to the Snoopy Statue that was in the plaza outside of the ride? I do remember thinking it would be a hazard for kids to climb on but I just now noticed it was gone.
3. I rode Kitty Hawk in the front seat and still received partial neck fractures - the ride has gotten bad enough where I hear other guests complaining of how rough it is.

Anyone have any answers?
By Jrlooney88
By tarheel1231
has anyone seen the new nighttime show 'Turn It Up'? It looks pretty well produced for a Carowinds show. Like a smaller-scale Luminosity.

My fiance and I only had about 10 minutes of spare time to watch it, but we enjoyed it, the show was very well produced, the choreography was great. Definitely something that we would have stayed and watched more of if time allowed.
By tarheel1231
Koallinbear wrote:Has anyone been able to catch a ride on the Vekoma Junior Suspended Coaster this season? I'm not sure if this was brought up or if it even matters but I have a few observations from my visit to the park on Friday evening.

1. The ride audio playing in the station still says "Enjoy your ride on Flying Ace Aerial Chase". I find this quite interesting considering they took the time and effort to rebrand the ride with a new name, color scheme, and station signage but just left the old audio recording.
2. What happened to the Snoopy Statue that was in the plaza outside of the ride? I do remember thinking it would be a hazard for kids to climb on but I just now noticed it was gone.
3. I rode Kitty Hawk in the front seat and still received partial neck fractures - the ride has gotten bad enough where I hear other guests complaining of how rough it is.

Anyone have any answers?

1. They probably just haven't gotten around to it yet. The description on the website is outdated too
2. The snoopy statue was actually moved into the Camp Store. It's right near the entrance
3. I really wish they would just modify the chassis to have vest restraints, or at least soft restraints like the one at KI. If Carolina Cobra is a Vekoma with vest restraints, it must not be that difficult to fit on to the trains.
By carolinaman
Koallinbear wrote:Has anyone been able to catch a ride on the Vekoma Junior Suspended Coaster this season? I'm not sure if this was brought up or if it even matters but I have a few observations from my visit to the park on Friday evening.

Anyone have any answers?

The Snoopy Statue is in the Camp Store now. I also noticed that they still say Flying Ace Ariel Chase.
By phareous
I noticed on my last visit the general lack of upkeep...

1. Fury seats are all worn down to black where people's heads, etc. go. Looks horrible. And led lights burned out on the station
2. Gum all over the sides of the goldrusher tunnel
3. Trash all over the top of the windseeker canvas
4. Trash on top of the Intimidator maintenance building... and rusted fences
5. Lights burned out on bottom do-si-do
6. Paint chipping on about every queue line I saw. Cobra really bad
By coasterbruh
Quick question . . . did you inform guest services before leaving the park?
tarheel1231 wrote:
Chris wrote:But anyway, he's going to reply to your post and mine, Tarheel. Let's just vow to ignore them. :shh: He's not worth it. :thumbup: Plus, I'm beginning to think he's trolling because surely someone can't be this incompetent. :think:

You'd be surprised. But troll or not, he obviously wants attention so I'm just gonna hit that 'foe' button and be done with it. You can't use facts and evidence with people like this.

Moving on, has anyone seen the new nighttime show 'Turn It Up'? It looks pretty well produced for a Carowinds show. Like a smaller-scale Luminosity.

It seems like they have really stepped it up from their old boring DJ dance thing they used to do. I was there and in between the showtimes they keep the music going and let people dance I like that they have incorporated a show to this. Also if anyone is having trouble with the quality on the video just go onto the app or website and mess with it in the settings. Overall I like the new show
By fonzlinney
Christopher Mallis wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:

It seems like they have really stepped it up from their old boring DJ dance thing they used to do. I was there and in between the showtimes they keep the music going and let people dance I like that they have incorporated a show to this. Also if anyone is having trouble with the quality on the video just go onto the app or website and mess with it in the settings. Overall I like the new show
I was there a few days ago and It was a pleasant surprise. And Live brass was quite good.
tarheel1231 wrote:[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2a5QOAhlcc[/youtube]

my thoughts...
1) nice try. they got a couple audience members involved at the end.
2) wow, just wow...nobody is ever gonna accuse them of using AUTOTUNE for those singers. OUCH. they need some help but again, nice effort ladies.
3) only 1 athletic dude dancing and capable of anything gymnastics-inclined. rest of the guys were known for man bun and pot belly.
4) the heat OMG the heat. those dancers probably lost 5 lbs in the 30 min performance. saw them wiping their foreheads a lot in that video (had to skip thru much of it...make it stop!)
5) YIKES the music...bad 80s flashbacks and even 80s SAX SOLO lol.
By uscbandfan
fonzlinney wrote:
phareous wrote:I noticed on my last visit the general lack of upkeep...

1. Fury seats are all worn down to black where people's heads, etc. go. Looks horrible. And led lights burned out on the station
2. Gum all over the sides of the goldrusher tunnel
3. Trash all over the top of the windseeker canvas
4. Trash on top of the Intimidator maintenance building... and rusted fences
5. Lights burned out on bottom do-si-do
6. Paint chipping on about every queue line I saw. Cobra really bad
i’ve noticed that as well in addition to that in the fury tunnel one of the lights are burned out.

FURY - I must have missed the burned out light in the tunnel (or it's been fixed). I thought the black on the seats looked horrible last year as well. It's only gonna get worse. Seems they could repaint them and put on some kind of clear coat that would keep it looking better for longer.

As to Goldrusher.. (it was closed yesterday so I didn't ride it this trip)... hasn't the gum been there for something like 35 years or so?
By Koallinbear
One of the Fury lights on the lift hill side of the station have been out since media day because I remember seeing it then, but now more and more are out and they haven't bothered to fix it.

Things such as the Goldrusher gum, the Intimidator storage shed hair ties, and Windseeker canopy trash can be fixed, but will ultimately become a mess again because...... general public.

The seat-backs will stay gross until it's time for their replacement. Intimidator, Diamondback, and Behemoth have been all very gross for a number of seasons, and Timmy and Diamondback got replaced this year. (Not sure about Behemoth)
Sorry to break it to you all and yeah it does suck when Fury seats get all blackened down but it’s the things you have to deal with. Look at diamondback, when they had the old ugly reddish orangish seats they were all ugly, blackended and unsanitary seats and what made it worse is that they replaced a few select seats with new ones which made the appearence even worse. I don’t see fury getting new seats until 2022.
By Koallinbear
Does anyone envison a changeover of the color of seats on intimidator with next cycle of seats? I know we just got new ones this season, but diamondbacks were changed from the dreadful orange to the modest black. I think this would hold up as far as the appearance goes and fit in with the colors of our ride. It would also give it a slightly new look and hide the wearing.

While I’m at it i’m going state that i’ll be a little upset until intimidator is re-painted to it’s beautiful red and not the faded pink that is unfortunately is right now. C’mon they got Vortex looking better than our large scale hypercoaster! :oops:
By tarheel1231
Let the records show that I was not the one who decided to instigate this argument. Was I an idiot for taking the bait? Yes. But I’m not the user responsible for purposely prolonging the fight.

Anyways I got a moderator warning so let me shut up before I say something else I’ll regret.