General Carowinds discussion
By cwgator
tarheel1231 wrote:I still see it there, am I missing something?

It's on the PDF still. However if you look at under rides and for example select Roller Coasters, when you select Map on there (instead of Grid), Sand Dune Lagoon is not there.

By FamousAmos
Good thing they weren't going to open it, all that concrete is full of holes by now from drilling :lol:
The drilling extends all the way over to the Winterfest Warehouse.

EDIT: I don't think that they will knock down that restroom though. From what I was told, if they removed it, they would pretty much have to build a new one in it's same spot, or within that area due to South Carolina's regulations on public restrooms.
That restroom is in need of an upgrade though. I think North Carolina has similar regulations as well.
By tarheel1231
Barbwire wrote:Not to all of us... :wave:

tarheel1231 wrote:The type of coaster, however, will be unknown to most of us until the blueprints are inevitably leaked.
By coasterbruh
I can't say HAS to be just yet. That parcel borders the water park as well. I think it's up for grabs . Maybe some for a coaster and some for a slide/expansion?
By gabed
It’s a wasted opportunity if they don’t use that land for the dry park. Carolina Harbor has PLENTY of room to expand, the dry side is a different story. I’m not saying the park can’t get creative (like they have many times in the past), but it’s a great chunk of land that is also right beside the dry park’s most depressing area.
By coasterbruh
I wouldn't be so quick to earmark any land for anything thing at this point. The park is changing, evolving. Lots of areas that we feel should be for something really isn't. Like the new county fair. They had the area already "earmarked" for the expansion then BOOM, it was executed in a different place.
By uscbandfan
Yeah. They can do just about anything. I would never have dreamed they would have put Fury where they did. I wouldn't have thought there enough room. But, with the redesigned entrance and parking changes, it worked out great. I'll leave the visionary stuff to the professionals.

I'm just hoping for a new woodie or woodie hybrid sometime soon. I'm envisioning it back there in the blank area but what do i know.

On a side note, I wouldn't morn the loss of Vortex or Borg/Nighthawk either. I Still think they need to wipe them both out, build a large signature lake around the skytower and maybe incorporate some kind of new (launch/dive/whatever) coaster over the lake. (I like water).
By CCookieMonster
I like your last idea about the water, but wasn't Nighthawk like the first large scale flying coaster in the world (originally)? If we remove that, then we've removed history. I love water too (well the visual part, we should all at least tolerate drinking water). If we remove Vortex, we have more land that can go away for water to replace it, and beautiful blue water, not that green algae-filled lake or pond or whatever is out there right now. It's honestly a little disgusting seeing the greenish water on the first and second drop/banked curve on Nighthawk.
By RollerBee
Hmm, a wooden coaster would look nice in Nighthawk’s spot. Plant some trees around the area to hide Goldrusher and Vortex also.