General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
#95653
^Weekends....the same way I did it when I worked at Carowinds.
Ride Training starts the first week of March at Carowinds before the season starts. I went to college 120 miles away from the park, home was 80 miles from the park and never had a problem getting to work on time. 2 hours from college to work, 1 and half from work to home afterwards. Got up Monday morning drove back to college.
User avatar
By Chris
#95654
RollerBee wrote:^Weekends....the same way I did it when I worked at Carowinds.
Ride Training starts the first week of March at Carowinds before the season starts. I went to college 120 miles away from the park, home was 80 miles from the park and never had a problem getting to work on time. 2 hours from college to work, 1 and half from work to home afterwards. Got up Monday morning drove back to college.

I'm so confused. You said they need more training. I asked when they would do that. You said on weekends, like back when you trained. So that training you received in 2006 was good enough, but not what they offer now? I would have assumed they train the same now, if not more, than they did in 2006.
By Edwardo
#95656
RollerBee wrote:
Edwardo wrote:They can't train people during the off season because the employees are seasonal...

Seasonal employment means 120 roughly days of employment per year for a employee at Carowinds, but it can also be measured in hours instead of days. It doesn't mean they can't train during the offseason.


I wasn't talking to you, and I'd prefer if you not talk to me.
By RollerBee
#95657
Chris wrote:
RollerBee wrote:^Weekends....the same way I did it when I worked at Carowinds.
Ride Training starts the first week of March at Carowinds before the season starts. I went to college 120 miles away from the park, home was 80 miles from the park and never had a problem getting to work on time. 2 hours from college to work, 1 and half from work to home afterwards. Got up Monday morning drove back to college.

I'm so confused. You said they need more training. I asked when they would do that. You said on weekends, like back when you trained. So that training you received in 2006 was good enough, but not what they offer now? I would have assumed they train the same now, if not more, than they did in 2006.

I never said they need more training, I just stated that they do training in the offseason, that training is done on weekends between the first week of March and Opening Weekend.

I also went into a little detail about what seasonal employment mean and responded to your comment about employees living hours away.

Operator training is part of the process of getting a ride past NC State Inspection, rides have to be tested atleast 100 cycles in normal operation to pass NC Inspection and the state looks like training records. Employees that aren't present for the intial training process are trained on weekends during Park operations until the park reaches daily operations in which they are trained on the rides on any day.

Furthermore every ride op is subject to Blood Borne Pathogen training which for me was done by January or February as part of employee orientation that season.
By fonzlinney
#95687
Yes Edwardo (sp?) I have been what is different this year they have a guy kind a doing a robotic dance with some music a couple of girls make a short appearance other than that it's basically the same but still quite good only one of the guys in the red joins in on the trampoline.
User avatar
By pproteinc
#95690
The theater is always full which is great sign. I hope Carowinds do a stunt show like KI. I want to see the Cirquw shows at KD and Dorney and any other park with it. I've heard they're all different from another.
User avatar
By Hiveminded
#95691
Why are there people in the park at 11:04 on a Thursday night? Looks like they are in at least the county fair area but not Fury. And it looks like the majority of people are in a large group next to Do si do. All the rides visible from the webcam are running with people.

Image
User avatar
By FamousAmos
#95744
Probably most of the flat rides on the NC side will be closed. I hope it doesn't have too much of an effect. If it does, then County Fair will be part of this :(
By Edwardo
#95745
Where does it say anything will be closed? It said they must be inspected annually, on top of any Mfg requirements. What's to say the park hasn't already done this type of testing this year? This is just the state saying it must be done before certification is given.

And it doesn't look just like flat rides. It says tubular steel in relation to ride carriers. That would include coasters most likely.
By theintimidator
#95746
RollerBee wrote:
Chris wrote:
RollerBee wrote:^Weekends....the same way I did it when I worked at Carowinds.
Ride Training starts the first week of March at Carowinds before the season starts. I went to college 120 miles away from the park, home was 80 miles from the park and never had a problem getting to work on time. 2 hours from college to work, 1 and half from work to home afterwards. Got up Monday morning drove back to college.

I'm so confused. You said they need more training. I asked when they would do that. You said on weekends, like back when you trained. So that training you received in 2006 was good enough, but not what they offer now? I would have assumed they train the same now, if not more, than they did in 2006.

I never said they need more training, I just stated that they do training in the offseason, that training is done on weekends between the first week of March and Opening Weekend.

I also went into a little detail about what seasonal employment mean and responded to your comment about employees living hours away.

Operator training is part of the process of getting a ride past NC State Inspection, rides have to be tested atleast 100 cycles in normal operation to pass NC Inspection and the state looks like training records. Employees that aren't present for the intial training process are trained on weekends during Park operations until the park reaches daily operations in which they are trained on the rides on any day.

Furthermore every ride op is subject to Blood Borne Pathogen training which for me was done by January or February as part of employee orientation that season.


This season we did not have to do Blood Porne Pathogen training. For most of the rides, instead of 100 cycles, we had to do 50 cycles per ride unit. So, Fury had to cycle 150 times before being commissioned.

And regarding all of the complaints, all of the blame cannot be put on the associates. Trust me, it's not completely the associates fault. You are welcome to PM me if you have any questions.
  • 1
  • 170
  • 171
  • 172
  • 173
  • 174
  • 175

Users browsing this forum: carolinaman, CCookieMonster, Chris, Firechaser, kirkgun, RollerBee and 6 guests