General Carowinds discussion
By fonzlinney
#96687
People in line in front of you then having several other people come up and brake line to get up with their friends or people leave the line in front of you and then come back and bring More people back with them. It happens a lot at fury having ridden it close to 200 times and it was a long line today.
Last edited by fonzlinney on September 4th, 2017, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fonzlinney
#96689
CCookieMonster wrote:Oh. Skipping is just rude. I can see if it was just like 2 or 3 people, but like a group of people is just plain mean to the people in line behind you.

Yes it is very rude and frustrating I see it much more with fury then any of the other lines of the other rides. As I said before having ridden fury nearly 200 times I hate to say it but there is one group that does it more than others overwhelmingly. I will just leave it at that it is just rude and there's no need for it,all of us have to wait just like everybody else. Not to mention the fury line moves very fast.
By CCookieMonster
#96690
I forgot to mention I finally got the courage to ride Fury and Timmy on Saturday and Fury was so amazing!!!! That first drop felt like it was never gonna end! I was so scared I'm literally praying on my way up the lift hill. I know there was no holding brake on top the of Fury, but that drop was like 1 million out of 10! My coaster count is pretty low as Fury was my 35th coaster and Timmy being my 36th. I'm just so happy that I rode it. The only thing is that row 4 for some reason has some odd roughness to it. I hope it's much smoother next year (row 4 almost gave me a headache). Overall Fury was perfect. Timmy was pretty good, and some people complain about the trim brakes, but I didn't really feel it. Maybe it was just me.
By fonzlinney
#96691
CCookieMonster wrote:I forgot to mention I finally got the courage to ride Fury and Timmy on Saturday and Fury was so amazing!!!! That first drop felt like it was never gonna end! I was so scared I'm literally praying on my way up the lift hill. I know there was no holding brake on top the of Fury, but that drop was like 1 million out of 10! My coaster count is pretty low as Fury was my 35th coaster and Timmy being my 36th. I'm just so happy that I rode it. The only thing is that row 4 for some reason has some odd roughness to it. I hope it's much smoother next year (row 4 almost gave me a headache). Overall Fury was perfect. Timmy was pretty good, and some people complain about the trim brakes, but I didn't really feel it. Maybe it was just me.
. That is great fury is such a wonderful ride sometimes I feel more vibrations on the row three by the way you kept saying Timmy did you mean intimidator.
By fonzlinney
#96693
CCookieMonster wrote:Yes. I was trying to use short term. I'll just use Intimidator from now on to make it simpler.

Ha! That's OK it's all good by the way did you get a chance to see the show cirque imagine.
By kirkgun
#96694
Windseeker was running all day, constant cycling whenever I could see it. However it was also empty. That's still progress, right? I'm guessing they're working to get whatever governmental approval they need for Scarowinds.

I had two smooth rides on Fury, and one that wasn't.

I'm glad I had fastlane so I didn't get irate over dealing with jerks line-jumping.

Does anybody know if the All Season Fastlane will apply during Scarowinds?

The afternoon operators on ElectroSpin were pretty freaking great. :wink:
User avatar
By cwgator
#96695
kirkgun wrote:Windseeker was running all day, constant cycling whenever I could see it. However it was also empty. That's still progress, right? I'm guessing they're working to get whatever governmental approval they need for Scarowinds.

It was running yesterday with people on it and it got stuck for at least half an hour.
User avatar
By cwgator
#96698
I know it was testing Friday evening, and not sure about Saturday, but it was operating yesterday. The person who posted it said they were up there for about 35 minutes then it closed.
By CCookieMonster
#96706
fonzlinney wrote:
CCookieMonster wrote:Yes. I was trying to use short term. I'll just use Intimidator from now on to make it simpler.

Ha! That's OK it's all good by the way did you get a chance to see the show cirque imagine.


No, unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see Cirque Imagine and on Saturday windseeker was running empty until about 6pm. At around six I could see people on it.
User avatar
By pproteinc
#96773
Windseeker also was up and running both last Friday and Saturday and stopped at the top twice on Friday and once in Saturday with people on it. Maintenance was very quick and efficient with lowering them down.
  • 1
  • 179
  • 180
  • 181
  • 182
  • 183
  • 185

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests